Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jc0481

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
I went to my local retailer and went and bought a new Macbook 2.0 with the new core2duo on it. I got the white they were out of black. I put in 2 gigs of ram. SWEET machine. What is a good resolution for the 13.3 inch screen? At default it came with the highest setting on. It was just a little bit hard because the icons and text was small. Will it play DVD's natively for the 16:9 format? Now I will have to figure out my dsl modem which has a built in antenna for wireless Internet. I have an Actiontec by the way. I want to have Internet access and printer access but still keep the war drivers in the dark. Thanks for the help. You all have given me.
JC

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Run your screen at the native resolution (1280x800). LCDs don't act like CRTs where you could have clear images at a range of resolutions, unless you're running at the native res (or 1/4 native res - 640x400) the screen has to interpolate the images where they would overlap the pixels and the screen will look bad.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Change the text size and icon sizes ... and a lot apps have a zoom feature to make reading text easier also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.