I do not like the nano

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mymemory, Sep 29, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I think is uglie. I know is a technological wonder but is uglie, the black version does not seem that cool in real. Actually the desing look cheap. I got two iPod minis today even they give more problems because of the hard drive.

I do not know but the nano looks like designe from the same pareson who designed the uglie eMac and the latest iMacs.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

You mean the highly overrated Jonathan Ives, who also designed the hockey puck mouse and toilet seat iBook G3s? Oh, that person... :p

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You're entitled to your opinion, but everyone I show my 4GB Black nano to (non-Apple "fans") are blown away by it.

...oh, and everyone likes the iMac G5 too :p

4. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

holy spelling errors batman!

Anyway, most people really like the iMacs and the nano. I know I do. If you don't like them, don't buy it. I don't see what's so hard about that.

5. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

I have to say the minis are much cooler looking. The mini might be hte most friendly looking device apple has ever made though. The nano's appeal is more like "wow that's really small!" I think they look kinda like mishapen ipods. THey should have gone with a more ipod mini-like design i think.

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

In my view, the nano does not come close to the level of the mini. I am going to try and find a mini before that becomes impossible (assuming it's not already too late).

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

One thing in common with the eMac, the iMac and the nano: they all look much better in real life than they do in photos. :)

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

You really think Ive is overrated?

9. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

So if the Nano is ugly then I guess the iPod is too ? :rolleyes: The Nano is exactly the same except for the size is it not?

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Not entirely. The normal iPod is a little nicer, more proportionate, rounded edges, etc.

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Rounded edges?? haha

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I prefer the Mini, and i would not buy a Nano whilst owning a fully working Mini. its a sever downgrade with the only positive about it is the colour screen. in my opinion. and if my Mini broke i'd fight tooth and nail to find a replacement Mini.

I do not think its "uglie" though. the Nano is beautiful. just not up my street.

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think the nano is quite spectacular in design whereas I think the mini really didn't hit the mark, except for the latest colours.

The 4th generation of the white iPods is what I have and seems nigh on perfection, in my opinion. Everything about it seems right from the weight to the way it feels in my hand. It exudes luxury and form and function. The nano feels the same way to me.

14. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I agree with you mymemory. I don't see the obsession with trying to make the iPod smaller. The is the first iPod product that I didn't buy. Apple had it made with the mini.

For the record, I also think the iMac G5 and eMac are cheap-looking.

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

You mwna u don't like my iMac G5 or my iPod Nano :(

well im sure you like my iPod 20gb :p

16. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Do you own a mini?

17. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

So you have every iPod - 1-4G iPod, iPod mini, and Shuffle - except for the nano? That's a lot of iPods.

18. revjay macrumors regular

revjay

Ive, Ives...what's the difference?

19. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

One is his name and one isn't, but that wasn't the issue in question.

20. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

LOL. He got pwned. Good call.

21. ksz macrumors 68000

Does he have to own one? I largely agree with him on the mini; it was not a spectacular design in my opinion as well and sound quality left something to be desired. Sound quality through the iPod shuffle and nano is much better, but it still seems to me that the iPod shuffle maintains the sonic lead in midrange clarity and bass definition. The nano comes close.

22. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Ives is highly talented, highly gifted, but highly overrated. One can only use his hockey puck mouse, and early G4 keyboards to come to that conclusion. He makes great looking products that sometimes take precedence over function, ie. iPods with scratch prone materials, the mighty mouse, etc.

He does design great products too, like the G5 tower, the iPod mini, the aluminum cinema displays. It's those early plasticy fruit colored macs that get me in a tizzy.

23. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Yeah, if he wants to make an unbiased comment.

But everyone is allowed their opinions and preferences. I just wanted to know if he owns one, because I own both the regular iPods and the mini, and I can tell you the mini feels much better in the hand. I might just have smaller hands, though. :p

24. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

I expected more

I expected more from this thread. The title made it sound like it was going to be a fun, Dr. Seuss type rhyme. But no, it's another mymemory rant.