I Don't Even Know Why I Go To The Apple Store...

Discussion in 'Community' started by SamIchi, Jul 17, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

They don't help me at all... When I first went to buy my eMac a year ago, They said that it's better to just buy it online... I dunno if all stores tell you to do this, but I wanted a customized one, so I guess it's understandable.

Today I went to have them look at my ipod, cause it's messed up and doesn't work. The guy looked at it, and I told him that it's not connecting, and I've tried resseting, updating and restoring it but it doesn't work. So he sets me up for an appointment @ the genius bar. I come back 2 hrs later for my appointment, and the guy says It's gotta get serviced, and will take atleast 2 weeks to get a replacement. Then he tells me it'll prolly be faster if you do it online... Ughhh, so I was like OK and left.

I guess they did as much as they could, I just hate makin unecessary trips to the mall. And I'm pissed that my pod broke... Good thing I just made it under warranty.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry you have had bad experiences. I've always had good experiences at the Apple Store at Lenox in Atlanta (other than it just being extremely busy at times, uh every time).

My iPod stopped on me too, and they replaced it on the spot with a new one. I was shocked and pleased :)

Usually they are helpful to me.

Perhaps you could talk to the management about it.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

The apple store is cool, i dont have an apple store beside me all i got are apple re-sellers which are a lot worse. When i wanted a new 15" PB they told mr its gona take 3 weeks and cost 20% more then if i would have ordred it online.

I went to the apple store in London and it was very helpfull, sometime you havr to do things online :)

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

While it does seem like a waste of time, if you think about it they seemed like they were trying to get you what you wanted sooner than later.

How would you get the iPod fixed online? Just curious.

5. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Holy Crap, they gave you a new one? Damn I wish they gave me a new one. They said the 40GB 4th gen were really backed up, just what I wanted to hear. He totally looked pissed when I was talkin to him, like I did something to him personally.

Just fill out the form on the support website, explaining the situtation, and they'll send you packageing material (costs 30 freakin bucks), and you send it in and I guess they fix it or replace it w/ a refurbished one... Damn I'm gunna miss my pod...

6. JonMaker macrumors regular

The only bricks-and-mortar place to buy Macs around here is an independent sort of place (no Apple stores for about 1000km). The Machead on staff told me that I'd be better off ordering online, since that was exactly what he would do for me. He even offered me a comp. and an internet connection to do it on (in the shop).

Hey... it's the best he could do.

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I've visted two apple stores and both of mine were pretty pleasant. I say pretty pleasant because at one of them, the guy kept following me around and telling me everything and its life story about everything my eyes even dared to take a gander at. He was awful nice but a little TO friendly, I don't know if it was my cologne or what but hey. :cool: Good luck on getting your iPod fixed though

@Z

8. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

Sorry that you had bad experiences at the store. I just go to the store (there are two near me) to look around and talk to the salespeople. Everything I bought has pretty much been online at apple.com.

During my last few visits I got some pretty good advice about Tiger (what the main features are) and about iPods. I found the salespeople to be pretty friendly.

I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood!) but if I do I guess I will visit the Genius bar at Menlo Park (NJ).
    I have heard that if you want to go to the Genius bar in SOHO (NYC) often you will have to wait a few hours.