I don't have weather in my notification center?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Munky, Aug 10, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Running beta 5 right now and I noticed I don't have weather in my "today" view in notification center...and I don't even have the option to turn it on or off... It also doesn't show the next destination thingy either even though it is listed in the settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Attached Files:

2. thread starter macrumors regular

Here's the today view.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 603

do you have location services on?

4. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure it's on. Then scroll down and make sure location services for the weather app is on. I've also read that sometimes you might need to reboot the phone for this to work.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

So I got the weather working, there is still not an option to turn it on or off but I don't want it off so it's fine.

As for next destination it still isn't there after a reset, but it is switched to on in the settings and it also has a good history of my frequent locations and knows what work and home are already.

6. macrumors 603

If Weather is using your location, it will show in Notification Center. If its not, it won't show.

7. macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

So to be clear , it's completely different than with iOS 6 where I can have location switched off and stlll have my city weather in notifications ?

8. macrumors 603

In iOS 6, the first location shown (which you can reorder) in the Weather app will show in Notification Center, so yes, it's different. The weather conditions in iOS 7 will only show in Notification Center if you allow Weather you use your location.

9. macrumors 6502a

LOL. What?

10. macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Thank you !

11. macrumors 603

What's there not to understand?

12. macrumors 6502a

Oh I understand what you said, I was laughing because what you said is wrong.;)

13. macrumors 603

So why not say that instead of trying to instigate an argument? I've yet to allow Weather use my location this entire beta period and the conditions have yet to show. If I allow it to use my location, the conditions appear.

14. macrumors 6502a

So maybe you need to stop taking stabs at answers about features that you haven't even used........

15. macrumors 603

And look, I just turned on location for Weather and it appeared in my Notification Center. What do y'know? You've yet to explain how it "really" works. :rolleyes:

16. macrumors 6502

Just had the same issue. Enabling location sevice didn't fix it. But then again, I can't find the weather app on my iPad. Lol.

17. macrumors 603

There is no Weather app on the iPad. ;)

Try rebooting your device.

18. macrumors 65816

The.316

I have no weather in my notification center either, and I followed all the steps listed in this thread.

19. macrumors newbie

I opened up the stock weather app and it seemed glitched with no data. I added another zipcode and seemed to break things up. After a reboot seems ok now.

20. shenfrey, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

macrumors 65816

shenfrey

Your a real douchebag you know that? I don't care if I get in trouble for calling you that, it's your kind that makes these forums such an unpleasant place and as contradictory as this response may be, I didn't just snap at the guy for a trying to help. So even if he didn't know the accurate answer he at least tried to answer him, or "take a stab" as you graciously call it.

Sort your life out.

21. macrumors regular

*High fives*

22. macrumors 68040

VSMacOne

Hey guy, we should be laughing here because you're the one who is incorrect. Batting1000 has it right. In iOS7 NC weather displays only your current location.

23. macrumors P6

And what is "right" then? How do we know that something might be wrong if no one seems to be saying why that is wrong (and thus what is "right")?

24. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Actually, what he said was right.