I don't know if anyone noticed this...

Discussion in 'Community' started by urban1985_, Jan 1, 2005.

1. urban1985_ macrumors regular

But The OC is one big Mac commercial. All the characters use macs, and at one scene, there was a powermac g3 box clearly showing the Apple logo.

I wonder who'll admit they watch this show lol.

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

A lot of TV shows seem to heavily feature Macs, my girlfriend has to put up with me pointing them out all the time! 24 became a very tedious affair when I insisted on pointing to every single Apple product. Every single episode. Although I can't comment on the OC! ;) :p

I'm sure there was a thread on this recently.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think that there are probably two reasons that there are a lot of Macs on TV shows — 1 being that a lot of the film guys working on it probably have macs in the first place, and volunteer them, and 2 being that they are much more attractive than pretty much any PC. PCs in TV shows look clunky and old fashioned, but when you have a streamlined, silver, smooth, Mac, it makes everything look much more high tech and futuristic. I've noticed a lot of Macs on the show "Crossing Jordan." :)

4. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah in movies too. I just saw Meet the Fockers. Gaylord Focker had an iBook, and Jack had two iMacs and one of them even had an iSight mounted on lol. I guess it does look much nicer than clunky PCs.

5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

even jack's secret room in the RV had an iSight attached to the screen

6. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

Not only do the film guys have the macs around, but they probably really like them too so they are more likely to put them in the show.

7. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

Other Apple sightings.

In Final Destination 2, a guy is carrying an iMac to his apartment. Too bad he doesnt get to open up the box, as he sets his kitchen on fire, runs down the ladder escape, but gets impaled instead.

The Italian Job, Charlize Theron is practicing cracking a safe while listening to her 2G iPod.

The HULK and Paycheck had some scenes with the Cinema Displays. Although I thought that was kinda tacky.

I've seen so many Apple products in movies and TVs, I wonder if Apple pays to be in these product placements, or the producers and directors are huge Apple fans.

8. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I watch the OC. I notice Seth's iMac everytime.

It's beautiful and greatly satisfying to know the special 2% of the world gets recognition.

(recognition = appearance on the OC, Hah)

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I wish they'd use PC's. That show defiles anything it touches :mad: :cool:.

Ugh, anything involving Mischa Barton is bad bad bad. And on top of Mischa Barton it has nothing going for it. I hate that show (if I didn't make that clear enough ;)).

scem0

10. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

Wasnt Mischa Barton the girl who terrorized the poor robot kid?

11. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

ROTFL, I do this all the time to my wife. Her comment back goes something like, "that's nice dear." CBS consistently shows Macs on their comedies.

12. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles