I don't like the sound of this...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Blue Velvet, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2471987,00.html

Police, almost OK but not really. But councils? :mad:

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I teach in a fairly volatile high school. We are instructed to advise administrators if we hear or witness a confrontation. Things easily escalate, and playing around can be misconstrued by one party or the other. I can honestly say it has helped keep things somewhat calm this year. The students are more aware of their actions.

Street talk is another issue...

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

5. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

hmm this looks familiar. No. 2?

I doubt this will be allowed. Anyways i love street fights. Back in the days of Street Fighter did they have police monitoring the fighters' conversations to stop the confrontation? No!! They let em fight it out and who ever won was crowned champion.

6. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

7. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

Well, it helps squash dissent when there's no safe place to discuss it.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I wonder where we're heading. I think George Orwell may have been right.

8. stevehp macrumors 6502

This is already being done, whether on not they will admit to it...In the U.S. and in Canada too, cameras, microphones and other surveillance equipment is scattered everywhere...The whole idea is hundreds of years old, in fact. The idea of panoptic surveillance where people don't know whether they are being watched so they will behave as if they were being watched. It's pretty scary stuff, but I think we can all rest assured that we have all been subject to the camera/mic in the sky many times already. This isn't some future technology, it's here, and has been here for a long time.

9. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Big Brother is watching (and listening to) you.

Thank goodness I live in the country (for now) Next they'll be bugging sheep. :rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised.

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, when we're all being monitored too closely in the city, we'll escape to the country to have our moments of passion. Well, that's if Orwell was right in 1984 anyway :rolleyes:

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

You're quite vociferous about this topic!

12. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I act like a fool on camera :p. Racing through target riding on the shopping carts. Cameras don't stop me from feeling free. :p