I don't think Apple even looks at the apps submitted

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by SomeDudeAsking, Dec 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Apple Let a Hilariously Fake “Halo 4” into the App Store

http://gizmodo.com/5970489/apple-let-a-hilariously-fake-halo-4-into-the-app-store

I don't think Apple even looks at the apps submitted as long as they give it the required 30% cut for all transactions. How does something so blatantly fake make it through?

2. macrumors demi-god

Can the screenshots and description be changed by the developer on-the-fly?

I think so, because they're always adding blurbs in the descriptions when crap goes on sale, and I know they don't have to resubmit their app everytime they want to do a price change.

In other words, did the developer submit the app with the appropriate description and screen shots, get it approved, and then circle around back and change them?

3. macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Most certainly what happened that's how it was always done in the past.

4. macrumors demi-god

Be interesting to see if Apple refunds the customers and withholds the payments to the developer. IIRC, developers get paid by Apple once a month or something like that.

5. macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Apple probably won't refund customers. They'll find a clause in the TOS that says download apps at your own risk or something like that.

6. macrumors demi-god

Gone?

Attached Files:

7. macrumors demi-god

Kudos to the developers for pulling this crap when they thought the App Store team was on break! lol

Apple Reminds Developers of App Store Freeze During Holidays
    http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/20/apple-reminds-developers-of-app-store-freeze-during-holidays/

8. syd430, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012

9. macrumors demi-god

Looks like Apple's put an end to the scam those developers were using.

Apple Now Locking Screenshots for Submitted Apps, Shutting Down Popular Scam Tactic

Also, as for Apple having the incentive to not address this issue because of the 30% cut they make, "Apple has refunded the purchase price of scam apps in the past"