I don't want a login screen!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Josias, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

After fiddling with some settings in Sysprefs > Security, the login windows appears, and I have to type a password. I don'y know how to get rid of this. I just want it automatically to login with no password. There's only one user on this MacBook.

It takes so much longer time to boot when having to type a password, how do I get rid of this?:confused:

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Go to System Prefs>Security>uncheck "Disable Automatic Login"
    Go to System Prefs>Accounts>click on "Log-In Options" at the bottom, check "Automatically log in as *user*"

3. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Grr! It still shows the login screen. And yes, the box s unchecked! WTF?:confused:

6. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

7. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

I don't know, but as earlier stated, I only have one user on this MacBook, and there's never been another user. I don't understand. I though I could switch it off again?:eek:

Yes! Found it, and it worked. I dunno how this was disabled, but I enabled it again anyways:
    [​IMG]

8. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

If you enable the root user, it might switch the "auomatic log in" option off.... not sure to be honest.

Maybe it's that. Or maybe you have an Open Directory master on your network delivering user accounts over DHCP...?