I don't want to get everyones hopes up regarding the yellow spots but.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoreyMac, Jun 23, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

I had major yellow spots on the bottom corners of the iPhone 4 this morning when I received it (as shown in the other thread) and as of right now they have COMPLETELY faded away. I have no idea what caused this but it happened. So keep an eye on it over the next day or so if you have the issue.

2. macrumors member

Damn.... There goes my excuse to trade for a white one.

3. macrumors 6502a

I really hope that it fades away, so I don't have to deal with having to return it :(

4. macrumors member

I'm thinking they're heat related.

Mine were much brighter earlier, as it was mid day and a bit warm in my house.

Now that things have cooled down, they're still there but much less visible.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

It just seemed like the more I used the phone today the more it faded. It's really odd but I'll take it

6. macrumors member

Could be true, mine are less noticeable now too. but very bright after back-up restore. regardless, that is very bad quality. i never jumped all over apple for the other issue(hairline cracks on 3g, etc) but this one really does bother me.

7. macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Is the glass now laminated or glued to the screen? Perhaps they are still "curing"

8. macrumors newbie

Yeah, you might have gotten some that were fresh off the factory floor since they were mailed to you straight from HK. The glue was curing.

9. macrumors newbie

Or you guys just have to wait till piss has dried...

10. macrumors newbie

+1, haha

11. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

FYI - I had an issue with my 3G when I got it and they would only replace it with one of the same color. I tried, they refused and said it was "policy". So for those thinking a screen issues is their ticket to a white phone, think again.

12. macrumors newbie

Don't laugh, I really think that's the story ! :))
    Here you go

13. macrumors regular

hopes officially up

14. macrumors regular

It comes back regularly, here and it's definitely a heat issue: if I leave the phone alone and let it cool down then the yellow spot disappears.
    However it comes back after using the iPhone for a bit.

15. macrumors regular

SAME HERE! going to the apple store today and hopefully getting a replacement.

16. macrumors member

Did u guys see these yellow spots immediately when u turned the iphone on? or did they appear after a while? I see absolutely no problems with my iphone 4......so far

17. macrumors newbie

Same with mine, it was really visible when I first turned it on. After a days use it's gone.

18. macrumors regular

19. macrumors member

My yellow spots have faded significantly since yesterday too. I have to kind of look for them to notice them now. I'll test throughout the day today to see if it gets worse as it gets hotter.

20. macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

Mine are gone now. Doesn't seem to be heat related for mine.

21. macrumors regular

Starting to see some fading now. But I'll give it a good workout today. I called the store and they to make an APPT. for tomorrow and they will replace it then if still a problem. Did that!

22. macrumors 68000

We picked up 3 32GB iPhone 4s this morning @ the Natick store and none of them have yellow spots on the display.

23. sjw
    macrumors regular

Well as someone quoted in this thread on pg 17 http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10305153 :

Which itself comes from http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...&postcount=122

I was going to go back to the Apple store this evening and ask to replace it but if it's going to clear up in a day or two it's no issue at all.. and it wont be consigning a perfectly good phone to the scrap heap! I might wait a couple of days..

24. macrumors member

Has anyone with yellow spots tried putting it in the fridge?

25. macrumors regular

When you take it out of the fridge you will cause moisture to build up really badly, no?