I dropped my Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by wicayer, Oct 1, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Last night I fell asleep while wathcing a movie on my Powerbook G4 in my bunk bed at school....and well, my computer fell out of my bed and hit the tile floor, falling about 5 feet. Other than a small dent on one corner, and a maulfunctioning screen latch, the notebook is running perfectly. This is amazing! Can anyone tell me what Apple does to protect their notebooks from impact?

Comments about the stupidity of taking my $2000 computer into bed with me? well lets say im a big fan of apple computers....

2. macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Well there is SMS (sudden motion sensor) that stops the hard drive from spinning if it senses that the computer is falling. Other than that, I don't know of anything else, and it is very stupid to take a very expensive computer into bed with you.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They sell laptop bags.
    Revolutionary!

I am glad your PB is ok though.

4. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Never knew about the SMS, very cool indeed. Oh well, at least it isn't broken.

5. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Lucky

Very lucky.

Buy yourself (or ask for X-Mass) a small DVD 7" player and leave the PB on the desk.

6. macrumors regular

That and there are so many reinforcments and screws in there, nothing moves!

7. macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Man. I tried testing my 17" PB to see if it has a SMS but I didn't feel anything...

8. macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Oh Baby! ;)