I feel horrible (my ex)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mymemory, Nov 24, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok... another thread deleted!!!! lol

Attached Files:

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Because, my friend, if it was so easy to forget, then it wouldn't have meant anything in the first place.

You had such high hopes on this relationship, it is bound to hurt, I am sorry that it didn't happen as you hoped. It will take some time to get over grieveing -- not for her, but for the death of the dream you had.

But you will someday soon, see this as an experience of your past, not one that rules your present and future, and you will be able to move on.

Peace,
    Trevor

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm sure they're saying the same kind of things.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I thought you were getting married. Was I mistaken? Sorry if this is a sensitive subject or inappropriate question.

6. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Aww man, sorry to hear the bad news :(
    Don't forget that she is probably hurting just as much!

Also, you never know, once things cool you may work things out - just don't pressure them - they don't like it!
    Even if you don't work things out, someone else will come along and you'll ultimately find happiness.

This sounds a little bit fairy-tail'ish but I think it's true. When you find true love it is effortless. You don't have to try to work the relationship, it just rolls on it's own accord. It bizarre, because with my now-girlfriend, I have never worried about if we break up, everything just feels right, even when we 'quibble' :p
    She goes to uni in London and I live on the South-Coat - not too far away, but it means that we don't see each other generally during the week. I never worry about what she's up to, or who she's with or where she's been; and whenever we are 'reunited' everything just picks up from where we left off - effortlessly.

With all my previous girlfriends, deep down I always has this slickly-dark feeling that we were ultimately doomed.

You'll know when you find the right girl :)

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

8. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

No worries, man :) That animation is cool!
    This is a really friendly community actually. None of the stupid 'bashing' that is so rife on other boards.

I guess we are all mature! :p

9. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Aww, that sucks. Sorry to hear that mymemory. :eek:
    (Real nice artwork you made of the photos though.. )

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

that sucks but aww well time to move on....plenty fish in the sea....look out for the sharks though.

Bless

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm sorry about the way things have been with her, mymemory. You're right, that you will survive, and I hope you find the support you need, and that we can be a small part of it, here.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm glad you didn't marry her.

Just because you get married, doesn't mean you somehow make your relationship "safe." She didn't fall totally in love with her ex-bf because he is also in Miami now. She fell in love with him because she was ALWAYS in love with him (even if only slightly) and loves him more than she loves you. Even if you got married, you probably would have never been the love of her life. Maybe you would have been 2nd place, but not 1st place. If you were first place, it wouldn't have mattered if her ex-bf lived in the same building as you, because she would still choose to be with you.

14. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

You have my sympathy man. Loving, and losing that love, sucks.

Just try to think positively in general, it'll help you get over this hurdle.

15. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am sorry to hear that

and i know as you said you will get over it...sometimes it takes more time than we want it to, but you will find somebody someday and like one poster mentioned above, it's effortless and happens by itself

16. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Ditto that for me.

17. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Just remember that you deserve better. You deserve some one who would love you as much as you do.

This comment is not to hurt you but it is what I feel and I'm sure that deep down, you know it too. It sounds like she already moved on, and making her cd or giving her presents is not going to make the situation better. It will only makes you think and dream about her. Go pick up some new hobbies or take a vacation (if you could) and meet new people. I'm confident that you'll find someone better and will never look back to this relationship again.

I know that it is easier said than done when you've invested so much in a realtionship. But I am also confident that whatever you do, you'll make the right decision.

Good Luck!

Btw, that is a really nice art work. :)