I feel like the PM has been ripped off...

Discussion in 'Games' started by iQuit, May 15, 2005.

1. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

Well as many know the XBOX 360 was announced,and you also know that it has triple 3.2 GHz PowerPC "G5s",also the developer systems for the XBOX 360 were a PowerMac G5. Has anyone seen the pictures of the XBOX 360 from a side angle?It has a striking resemblence of that of the PowerMac G5. Is it just me or do you feel like Apple/the PM has been ripped off?

2. 36183 Guest

the xbox does not use a powerpc 970 (G5) chip it uses a less powerful powerpc chip.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yup, it just shares the PowerPC architecture, it's not a G5 at all. I don't even know if its 64-bit.

IMHO it looks like the retarted offspring of an iMac and a PowerMac.

The front panel is colored like the iMac G5, the CD tray is similar to the iMac G4, and the sides are oh so obviously inspired by the PowerMac G5, except the whacked dimensions and power button the size of a fist kill the image.

I would say the looks are inspired by/ripped off from Apple, yeah. The hardware no- more likely they're taking that idea from Nintendo, since Nintendo was IBM and ATi last generation with the GameCube, and now MS is IBM and ATi instead of Intel and NVidia.

4. 36183 Guest

arnt microsoft hyping the xbox a bit to much seeing that it is not going ot be released soon, this is just going to lead for people caring less about the machine when it does come out into the market.

i am interested in seeing what sony do with the next playstation, apperently they have been working with apple on some itunes intergration.