I feel so bad.. (lost iBook and other problems)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xy14, Feb 21, 2006.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

I have a friend from Quebec who has an internship in Redmond for developing microsoft for mac software, and he just shipped his girlfriend, who is studying in france for the semester, an iBook. When it got to France, everything was in the package, except for one thing, the computer. His girlfriend called Fedex and they said they would callback the day before yesterday, then yesterday, and now today, where it is 7pm in France already. Is there any advice any of you people can give to me to tell him? Thank you.

BTW, do any of you know what strep throat is in French? He doesn't understand it in English and I dont know it in French. :mad:

Thank you!

PS: You know the click that happens when you change the volume? WHY THE HE££ DOESN'T MY COMPUTER MAKE THAT NOISE ANYMORE?!?!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

Re: PS - Sys Prefs > Sound > Sound Effects > "Play Feedback" checkbox

4. Aarow macrumors 6502a

See if System Preferences>Sound> Check "Play feedback when volume is changed."

5. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I can't really help you with the other things, sorry, but to turn the sound "click" back on go to System Preferences > Sound and then check the box for "Play feedback when volume buttons are pressed". At least that's how you do it in 10.3.9.

edit - darn, i'm too slow.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    As far as FedEx goes, they will have to pay for the iBook if it's not in the packaging when it arrives. Especially if he asked for the item to be signed for before it's delivered (i.e. not just left on the doorstep).

Fedex sucks.

Anyway, as far as strep goes, I don't know what it would be in French, but you can tell him that it's NASTY AS HELL. Strep was going around my office for three weeks. Only 3 out of 12 of us didn't catch it. NAsty crap. eck!

7. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

thanks for the help, and I would be so pi$$ed off if I was him right now. Of course when I was typing in the translation, he logged off so I didn't get to tell him anyways..

sorry about my randomness today, but I found a hilarious joke for the people who had newtons and would understand it:

Q: How many Newtons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    A: Foux! There to eat lemons, axe gravy soup.

8. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

On Top Of All That, Now Theres An Administrator Deleting All My Posts And Editing Everything Of Mine! Expect This To Be Gone In 5 Minutes!!!