I feel sorry for Zune!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBoobsPro, Jan 9, 2007.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Its one small step for zune. One giant frackin' rocket fueled leap for iPod... er... iPhone.

1 iPhone please Mr Jobs.
  2. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    The real competitor to the zune is the iPod (it has large storage), they did not upgrade that, so no problemo for the zune (apart from the fact that it sucks).
  3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Yes the HD capacity has decreased but I can now 'squirt' my voice around the world.
  4. zephead macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2006
    in your pants
    Does the Zune even deserve to be felt sorry for? :p
  5. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2007
    Zune is $250 for a 30-gig device. iPhone is $600 (plus the cost of 24-months of Cingular) for a 8-gig device. If you're just comparing those two, Zune's a much better deal. The iPhone hasn't changed anything, except maybe image.

When Apple creates a real video iPod with a screen like the iphone's, or a new iphone that costs less and has lots more memory, then you can feel sorry for Zune.

Nope. :D
  6. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Zune is the major reason why iPhone was announced today, six months early. Jobs started that keynote by dissing the Zune, then spent the next hour detailing what Apple are doing to combat Microsoft's media strategy. It's a form of FUD, a tactic Redmond will appreciate.
  7. puttputt macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2006
    well the iPhone is the "Zune killer" for sure.

You really can't compare the price difference... the iPhone is so very much more than a widescreen mp3 player.. Last I checked, the Zune couldn't make a phone call or surf the Internet, etc.

Let's see... if you buy a Zune ($250) AND a Internet-capable phone/communicator thingy (say a Blackberry 8700 for $180 with a Cingular contract)... um let's seee.... ummm pretty much the same price as buying an iPhone (if you're worried about a $70 price differnce you can't afford one anyway). Ummmmm..... Zune-freakin-killer dude.
  8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    That's only if you WANT those things... I couldn't care less for the internet capable phone thing. I want a true video iPod, say Apphe phone sans the phone :p
  9. grafikat macrumors 6502a

Dec 5, 2003
    I was wondering why he had mentioned Zune, thinking it was a free plug....but after getting the full keynote, it makes sense now.

(So glad my contract is up! Hey, Cingular, here I come!)
  10. Zazaban macrumors regular

Jul 11, 2006
    Zune was outdated when it came out. The only thing for it was the FM radio, and MS fanboys made it out like that alone could kill the iPod.... :rolleyes:
  11. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Sep 16, 2007
    I think there's a lot of unfair criticism in regards to the Zune. I had a Zune 2 for a while (it was stolen) and played with a ZuneHD, they're very well thought out devices and the UI is very nice as well. But I like consolidating my devices, so iPhone it is.
  12. bahooki macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2010
    Last I checked Zune users can still access all the music they want for a small monthly fee. Last I checked I still cant do that on my iPhone. In other words, shut up.
  13. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    I can't see how the iPhone is going to kill the zune. Both are totally different products. One is an iPod touch wanna be, and the other is a phone. If/when the zune comes out with a phone edition, well then yeah we can talk about it how the iPhone will crush the zune.

When apple updates the ipod touch, we can have this dialog :)