I finally broke down and saw Episode II...

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Jul 14, 2002.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Boy did it suck! I have to admint, it was less painful then Episode I, but then so is a root-canal.

I'm not going to see Episode III until it is on video, and even then someone else has to buy/rent it. I'm not giving George Lucas any more money on this crap that he keeps putting out.

The dialogue and story were just stupid, and I fouind myself laughing a few times at jokes, not because they were funny, but because they actually were in there.

At least Jar-jar was hardly in it and Natalie Portman is hot! if it werent for that, I'd probably have walked out.

Even the end, which is what everyone had told me was pretty cool, sucked...it looked like a mix of gladiator and the patriot, both of which....sucked.

[/RANT]

Talk amongst yourselves....

2. Cappy macrumors 6502

It definitely has gotten pretty disappointing. There just really isn't anything original to it since episodes 4-6.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hehehe, I know just what you mean.
    I haven't even bothered going to see it yet, I saw Episode I on (pirate) video (;)) and didn't think much of that, but then i never really could see what all the fuss was about with Star Wars in the first place.

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

* takes cover and prepairs for flaming from all the MR star wars fans *

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

The lastest episodes of star wars have sucked, badly. The first ones were innovative for their time, and had a plot. This latest batch seems to be more for sucking the money from our wallets then anything esle. To say episode 2 is better then 1 is like saying poodle sh*t is better then horse sh*t. :eek: :eek: Both are sh*t, just with one you get a larger stinking pile.

I'll probably wait until E2 is on the movie channels before watching it, since I won't have to pay anything to see it.

5. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

See I know what you're saying....here's the thing about one being less sh*t then the other...

Episode one made me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Episode two only made me want to repeatidly stab myself in the hand with a pen...

One is slightly better then the other...

Please note: I am NOT saying to see it or trying to defend it...The first thing I said to my gf when it ended was "I want to Jedi Rape George Lucas" then I said "Man, I really want to punch that bastard in the face"

He's a damn good business man, but should stop trying to write and direct movies....

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Wonder what your gf thought? ;) With Episode 3 you could always download it and avoid rental costs. Maybe Episode 3 will only make you want to jam a needle intoyour wrist.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

he should leave it to you eh? ha

yeah, it sucked. it wasn't actually painful for me, but maybe that was just cause i was looking at the cg, and while it was a bit much and distracting, it's what i want to do, so it was impressive.

episode 3 should just be all 3d.... ha!!

8. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: I finally broke down and saw Episode II...

I'll admit that the Patriot sucked, but Gladiator? Come on, that was a decent movie.

9. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Episode II was actually more painful than Episode I for me, as much as I hate to say that. The movie could have been improved immensely by scouring the entire "romance" storyline from the film. That's assuming Lucas wouldn't want to let anyone else write that storyline. It could have been done well. It was painful to watch. It was acted terribly, but I can only blame the actors so much, because they really had crap writing to work with.

My feeling was that he should have gotten Joss Whedon to write the romance stuff. He's certainly proven, through Buffy, that he can write the tragic star-crossed teen romance junk. He then should have gotten J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5) to write the rest of it. That could've been a hell of a movie. But Lucas wants to do everything himself, and thus won't be satisfied until he's ground all my fond childhood memories of Star Wars to dust.

The new Star Wars movies are to the original ones what the Jim Carrey Grinch movie was to the old Boris Karloff cartoon version. They try to sell my childhood back to me, and just wind up ruining it in the process.

It was fun watching Yoda kick ass though.

10. job macrumors 68040

job

Lucas can't direct worth crap. His forte is FX and lots of CG work, but that does not necessarily equate to a good movie. Notice that some of the better Star Wars films (i.e. Empire Strikes Back) which actually had atmosphere were not directed by Lucas. :rolleyes:

11. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Re: I finally broke down and saw Episode II...

Jar-jar is one of the most stupid characters ever made. Episode I will be the worst of the series. Worst than Jar-jar is Anakin's mother, the wors actrice money can buy.

About the mix of Gladietor... you are so right, I just though of that when I was watching the movie.

But do not forget Joda as a Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and the US navie behaviour of the cloned army, they reccaled me JI joe cartoons, and the "elicompters" resambling the cheese scenes found in every vientnam movie or even in Die Hard 1.

So many "subliminal" resources, nothing original in many scenes, just another compilation of some other movies but with different characters. Stars Wars is about innovation not imitation.

12. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

asurace: My gf is an awesome girl and thus she hated the movie too :D

jello: damn straight I should be makin them! I can do it better then Lucas...;) I have to say some of the CG was much better then in Episode 1...but there was stil some that wasnt believeable to me. Mostly when some characters were not moving naturally, but were too human like...ie Jar-jar. Also, those Ones on the planet makin the clones...HOWEVER, the creature that were not bipeds...magnificant CG...best part of the movie for me was those creatures

hitman: You liked gladiator? Thats cool, you do your thing. I just thought the storyline was stupid and the plot needed to ONLY try to do one thing, they tried to have too many storylines going and it ruined it. All I wanted from that movie was a bunch of killing.

13. job macrumors 68040

job

How 'bout Saving Private Ryan?

14. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I thought the "jedi rape" might have thrown her off a bit (or at least surprised)

15. job macrumors 68040

job

Maybe she's into that too. :D

16. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Any girl thats dated me for as long as she has knows comments like that are on their way :D

besides, I wouldnt want any chick that gets thrown back by that, theyre not as fun...:cool: