I (finally) got my movie listed in the IMDB!

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Nov 18, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, pretty much what the title says--after trying over and over since February, the IMDB finally decided to list Internet Detectives in the database. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was pretty cool that they accepted it. Here's the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433395/

If you happen to have seen it, please rate it. If you haven't seen it but want to--send me a PM. I can get you a DVD.

By the way--the "official" site is below:

http://www.coresoftcomputers.com/movies/idnb.php

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The trivia is amusing. Did you give them that information for the listing?

3. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Yep. Out of curiosity, what do you find amusing about it? Just curious :)

4. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

wat did u use to shoot the movie as far as camera and film and programs to edit etc.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

6. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Thanks! :D

7. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I edited on Final Cut Pro running on an iMac G4.

In the way of shooting, I used a Canon ZR10 and ZR60. Not anywhere near the quality I would have liked, but it was what I could afford. For my next film, I'm getting a couple of Panasonic PV-GS200s, since they're 3-chip camcorders and the price is low.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I always enjoy reading film trivia (and about film flubs too). For your movie, using the real credits in binary is cool and it's fun to read how you coped by using random students as extras and using cue cards for an actor having trouble.

Ever listen to the director's comments on the first Godfather movie? The movie was a masterpiece, but it was extremely interesting and often funny to learn how it barely got made, all the shortcuts they had to make, what they made up as they went along, and other behind-the-scenes information about the filming and editing.

I hope your movie is equally successful!

9. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies...but I always listen to the director's commentary! I'm big on the behind-the-scenes stuff! Oh--by the way, for more behind the scenes trivia on Intenet Detectives, check out the official site. There's more there!

EDIT: Never mind...the other two trivia bits posted there are just that the movie was edited in Final Cut by me. Nothing good...

10. crachoar macrumors 6502a

That flash intro made me want to rip out of organs and nail them to my wall...

Good god man, check your sound levels / quality, argggggg!! :mad:

You have a high school film pressed on DVD? Isn't that a bit.....'much'?

Also, why in the name of Christ would you want to have the IMDB post info up for a film you made in High School? This just doesn't make sense to me...

Did you mail them your report card grades too? :confused:

11. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Maybe because...I'm 15? It was a huge project that meant a lot to me and everyone involved? It took up a whole summer and then some? It's my first feature film? I can keep going on...

12. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

good grief!!! get a grip man!! the kid's excited about accomplishing something and this is what you post!? and then to invoke Christ in all of it?!

i hope i dont see much more of you around here anymore. a little respect please.

13. crachoar macrumors 6502a

What does age have anything to do with this?

You didn't really answer my question, but, it's ok. I don't really care.

I forgot that a 'realistic perspective' was something that I'm supposed to leave at the door when it comes to these forums...sorry. When somebody is on 'Cloud 9' from having their asses kissed, nobody should ever have the ability, nay, the right, to 'bring them down from it'. No opinions allowed (especially if they're negative in any way, shape or form). Check.

It was my personal opinion, and it was out of line. I see that now...

My next post will be about how I 'hate Micro$oft' and about how 'Bill Gates is gay!!111', maybe start a few threads about how much I want a 'Powerbook G5'...

You're right....time to get a grip on things...

14. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Hey -- congrats!

I was looking through the trivia you have listed and I came across this ...

Since you seem to really have a passion for film, I was wondering -- do you think that as a filmmaker, this might be a little disrespectful or unprofessional? Not a huge deal, I guess, but if I were in your movie and had trouble memorizing my lines, I wouldn't necessarily want the whole world to know about it.

But congrats on this -- this is cool stuff. :cool:

15. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

I agree with gwuMACaddict's sentiment. crachoar is easy to dismiss though because his/her handle is an anagram for roach car, and I'd be rather bitter too if I had roaches in my car. crachoar may be phonetically similar to Eric Cartman's mom (crack wh***).

crack, your followup post in this thread was self-righteous, indignant and just as disrespectful as the first.

nobody is faulting you for saying you found the audio to be hot. the problem is the manner in which you expressed it.

16. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I didn't really think about that... but Mr. Elanbaas doesn't mind, I've talked to him :)