I finally made the purchase...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Jan 10, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2004
    New Jersey
    Well guys I fianlly bought the ibook today from a local apple store. After considering a powerbook I decided to buy the 12" ibook. I just needed it to surf the net photos and a little imovie stuff. I got the airport card and did not get any upgrade at this time. I just installed the airport card tonight a couple of minutes ago. It was very easy and the system found my Linksys G wireless system right away I can't believe how easy it was to setup. I am a PC user and this is my first mac. It's nice to see a new operating system and some new software to play around with. I was using my work laptop to surf the web on weekends, I would put a wireless card in it and connect my IBM Thinkpad. This ibook runs much better and I surf faster. It's great! I plan on ordering more memory from Crucial.com it's cheaper then buying from apple.
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Congrats on the new system, glad you're enjoying it. I've never owned an iBook myself, but I know many people swear by them.
  3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    I'll add my congratulations as well - my brother owns an iBook and loves it - and it's a G3! It definitely won't let you down and I doubt you'll ever regret your choice. Good job and start enjoying your new Mac! :cool:
  4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Welcome to the club. I'm a long time Mac user from the 80's and just got my first notebook- an iBook G3/900 and I love it. Got it for $601, awesome price.

Took forever to set it up since it came with Jaguar. First Panther then the Panther update, security update, QuickTime update, battery update and a few app updates. Was cool to be doing it while surfing with my desktop Mac.
  5. nospleen macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2002
    Congrats!! Enjoy your new mac. To delete an document or app, just drag it to the trash, it is that simple. Ohhhh, the ease of the Mac OS, gotta love it!!:)
  6. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    congratualtions man

iv had macs since i was a kid, i was even lucky enough to have all the models of the powerbook as a kid. my sister has an ibook now and its still running like brand new even if its 2 years old!!!
  7. maclamb macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2002
    Northern California
    Congrats - you should certainly enjoy it.

Also, you should see this:

You should consider applecare- look on ebay for better prices...
  8. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2003
    that town east of ann arbor
    always glad to hear a testimonial of a switcher! hope it was the G4 ibook, it took me three months to trade my old 500mhz-ibook in for a 667-tibook. i needed the speed and couldn't stand it! although the portability is tops with the ibook - absolutely.

try looking at memoryx.com for memory also. sometimes they are cheaper then crucial