Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Well I finally stop being so cheap & went out yesterday and bought a brand new iPod Touch 5G. All my favorite Apps were no longer compatible on my 2G and it was very frustrating. I found myself saying "I hate this thing" more than saying "I love this thing" like I use to back in the day. I knew it was time.

I wanted the black and there was only one left at Target and got it. I purchased it there because they were offering a $20 Target gift card with the purchase of the iPod Touch. So I used the gift card to buy a slim black case.

I am amazed about how much this little thing has on it compared to my old 2G Touch. I can't believe it has a camera 'with a flash'! And Siri too! It's a big change coming from something else that was several years old.

This may seem like I'm making a big deal over nothing but it is to me.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
congrats! im upgrading from a 4g to a 5g soon, as apple is sending me one free because of some issues i had when the "repaired" my mac. don't get me started. but you wont regret it!

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Yes, I have an OLD iPod Touch 2G - basically to carry my music (use an iPad 2 and/or rMBP for my other needs) - BUT, I would love to have a camera and Siri - my hesitation has been the change in power adapters, i.e. the older 30-pin vs. the Lightening connector. I have some expensive peripherals, i.e. a Sangean radio in the bedroom & travel speakers that use the old 30-pin adapter - the radio has an AUX in line, so not a big deal - and I've been looking for some Bluetooth traveling speakers (have some excellent BT Rockfish headphones) - suspect that when I purchase the BT speakers, I'll transition over to a new iPod Touch - :)

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
I adore mine also. I absolutely love reading on the 4in screen, it's my favorite reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.