I fineally got it...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, Dec 29, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

Today I went to the verizon store with my parents to get a new cell phone.

I got the Motorola V3c Razr. It is very cool! It is ultra super thin, yes a little wide, but overall quite amazing. Right now its ring tone is the song from the Razr commercial (seen here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5282573134389382754&q=v3+motorola). Its odd, but it goes with the phone. I need to download a better one.

So far I like it, the Verizon OS on the phone is different, but its not too too bad IMO. Its too bad that they crippled the BT.

My mom got the Motorola E815 and we got my sister the LG VX8100.

Attached Files:

2. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2005
  3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Verizon is the great crippler. I was a Verizon customer for years. All I needed was a BT phone that my Acura supported. Not with Verizon.

Had to go Cingular to get a phone that worked with my car. Figured they were better than T-Mobile.
  4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    haha... you do get bad service there, even verizon has only 1 bar!!! :eek: ;)

Anyway, I think the camera coming out farther is a little ugly, but it looks cooler overall... also, I likke moto's os better.
  5. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Whoo cool! My brother got one for christmas and Im going to get one on the 25th (2 year contract is up). From messing around with my brothers phone the VZ OS seems pretty nice the only gripe I have with it is it seems like there is no easy way to get to the picture gallery. Everything else seems awesome like the voice dialing kills my old phones, and the ability to send out multiple txts. Enjoy your phone!
  6. Lazyhound macrumors regular

Jul 19, 2005
    Really? I had heard T-Mobile was one of the better providers in the US.

Also, I'd probably go for a RAZR myself, but it doesn't work with Salling Clicker.
  7. CompUser thread starter Guest

I have not found any big issues with this phone. It seems pretty good overall.

I have 2 little gripes so far.
    - when you do voice command "check"..."signal" the voice says "service: good service" (redundant)
    - menus take a little while to get used to. there is nothing in the menu for the camera, you have to press the button on the keypad. Also, from what I can see the only way to get to the saved pics and vidoes is through the camera button- just a little odd.
  8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Cell Phone companies are very very subjective on location. I've had tmo for a few years and I'm very pleased with the service and support. I like one year contracts and I get plenty of minutes.
  9. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    IMO T-Mobile is one of the best if not the best carrier in the U.S.

Great plans for the money. And pretty decent phones and prices
  10. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
  11. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2005
    in your closet
  12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
  13. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    If T-Mobile had the coverage of Verizon, I think they would be the best. They're a blend between business & fashion. They target both, I feel, and they do a good job providing both with what they need.

Near me, Cingular and T-Mobile have terrible coverage, leaving Verizon and others such as Tracfone (if you want prepaid). Therefore, I have Verizon. I don't like it, but if I want my phone to work, I have no choice.
  14. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    I cosign. Motorola's wouldn't be so bad if they would create a better interface.

15. CompUser thread starter Guest

Sony S710a N/A with verizon

Where I live...
    Verizon Service Area > Cingular Service area > Nextel/Sprint Service Area > T-Mobile Service Area

1.5Ghz G4 > 1.25Ghz G4 ;)
  16. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    It should be under Media Gallery (V710/E815... but the Motorola phones use pretty much the same software)

BY THE WAY: This is my 2,000th Post!!!
  17. CompUser thread starter Guest

The Verizon Razr uses Verizon's stupid OS, not motorola's.

I know, :( :(

my mom's new E185 does not have the verizon os on it.
  18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    That's what happens when you hang on to old tech. ;)
  19. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    enjoy being a 68010 while you can--it only lasts like 15 posts :):(
  20. fuzzynavo macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    i was thinking of switching to a razr, its so much smaller than the nokia 6600 i have right now.

of course...the nokia 8801 look super sexy too imo.
  21. cwedl macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    Very nice, I didn't get one because I still think they are too wide! the thinness and the fact they don't have an external aerial is great!
  22. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    If I were to get a new phone I'd get this one. The Motorola L6. It's thinner than the V3 when folded and isn't a flip phone - big plusses in my book.
  23. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    That's a sweet phone. Do you know if it has iTunes?

Unfortunately, its probably a GSM phone which means it won't work with Verizon (there's no GSM coverage at my house).
  24. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I think it will. It's out here in Oz but I'm not sure if this iteration has iTunes, maybe the next version. It was reported as one of the many to be getting iTunes including it, the new RAZR and a new version of the ROKR - the E2.

It's funny, over here Moto don't advertise the names all that much, they're the "Motorola V3" "Motorola L6" "Moto E1" etc.

This is supposedly the E2. [​IMG] I wish Moto would come up with a phone that has buttons you can use properly. Those buttons are just getting too fiddly and the laser carved ones on the V3 and the L6 are a bugger to use without looking at the actual phone.

I want in a phone:

- Good reception (I live in Australia and don't have to worry about which provider I use etc so don't whinge on about your foreign companies and which ones you would like.)

- Large clear colour screen with a very bright backlight (things just look better in colour and the backlight is for the sun, I bought a Nokia 3120 in Canada and it's impossible to see the screen in our sunshine).
    - NO Camera.
    - NOT a flip-phone.
    - Long battery life.
    - Simple and easy to use UI.
    - Very simple button layout with clearly delineated and easily operated buttons.
    - Small and light.
    - USB syncing with iCal and Address Book - NO bluetooth.
    - NO internet access.
    - NO email functionality.
    - iTunes built in.

Basically I want this to be a very simple mobile phone with the added ability to play music if I don't feel like taking along another gadget (to work, to dinner parties, to uni etc.)
  25. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I just got my Razr the other day too.

I use Rogers (canadian) so the Blue tooth works great, syncs with iSync, and bluetooth file exchange flawlessly. It didn't come with a USB cord which was kind of annoying, but for $99 it is cool and the blue tooth eliminates any need for usb.

I don't understand how people can't find the part to access pics and videos, I just made the second "soft" key the key for "my media" which takes you right to all your vids and pics and ringtones whatever, I currently have Bob Marley's "stir it up" as my ring tone, nice.

My only gripes are:

I wish I could turn the volume up louder so as to hear better in noisy places.

and I feel like it is a really slippery phone, not very grippy. I feel like it is gonna shoot out of my hand like a bar of soap. And it feels as though dropping this phone on the concrete would be a death sentance.

other than that, the phone is sick! I downloaded Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for it, and it is a really fun phone game.

Enjoy the phone!