I forgot the world in not entirely Apple made.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Feb 19, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

In the line of most of the crappy PC world industry, now Agfa, besides discontinued a product, wipe out the entire tech support for it.

I have a CL50 digital camera, I need to install the software in my powerbook. The problem is that they no longer produce digital cameras and the software is not in their web page (eather for PC or Mac). Now, I bought a serial to usd converter (keyspan) to be able to download the pictures. I have the software installed in my G4 400, but the software doesn't reconize usb ports!!!

So, I have a very nice camera that is not compatible with anything, thanks good the camera comes with a smart media card that can be placed in that anoying and discontinued floppy disc unit, but I have to get one now.

Holly Apple that loves what they produce, I forgot the world in not entirely Apple made.

And forget about keeping this camera with OSX coming on to my computer.

2. Jookbox macrumors 6502

i had a UMAX scanner, that i had to get rid of because it only supported up to windows 9x and not 2000/XP. this has nothing to do with pc's sucking or not, just the company that made the equipment sucks. i'll never buy a umax product again, end of story.

3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

A friend of mine has a Compac computer, the computer came with a video capture card. A year later he lost the driver for the video card and the same thing, the company didn't support the computer any more, not a simple 300k driver to host in their web site..

It is not hard to find companies that gives support to their products after they are discontinued. What is hard is to believe in a brand name company that just doesn't care. I think is a very bad mentality that believe that the old things are bad, my Agfa camera is very good as well as the scanner but I see no purpose in keeping them, I'll have to sell them and get a really good brand name equipment adding in count that a brand name includes reliability.

My printer is Epson (Stylus 600) and I see lots of them every where because there is support for the ink 4 (years later) and they are very good quality.

So, people, do not buy Agfa equipment. I'll be more in touch with the equipment Apple support.