Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KawaiiAurora

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2016
Europa
I was surfing ebay and came across a brand new in the box snow 600mhz imac g3! The price is a bit high for me but if anybody's interested here is a link to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iMac-G3-RAR...893062?hash=item237b15f986:g:Q4cAAOSwA3dYcvtU

Damn, that's pretty steep for a G3 but it's new and in box but still... I thought ya found it for free or for a cheap price and I was like "Daaamn! Ya sure got lucky". Trusting a $900 item in the hands of shipping companies is quite a bad idea tho..

2006iMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Damn, that's pretty steep for a G3 but it's new and in box but still... I thought ya found it for free or for a cheap price and I was like "Daaamn! Ya sure got lucky". Trusting a $900 item in the hands of shipping companies is quite a bad idea tho..

Yeah fedex was quite rough on my grape imac g3 I ordered not too long ago. I got it fixed back though. Upgraded it to 1gb ram, a new clock battery, soon to get a new hard drive and reinstall os9. I love that thing

dustinschings

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2011
Yeah, this may be the first case where someone paid $999 for a computer, let it sit in a box for 16 years, and then sold it for what they paid....

Macs sure do hold value, hehe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.