Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Thanks for the advice! What's the deal with all the $4-5 replacement battery's on ebay? Are they DOA?

As long as the ebay seller has good feedback I'd give it a go, you're only going to lose $5 after all :)

I just went and bought a new battery today actually. Mine's is for a video iPod (5G) and is a 550mAh battery which is apparently 10% more capacity than the original.

I paid £14, but handily got a couple of the little plastic tools with it too :)

sfmountainbiker

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
As long as the ebay seller has good feedback I'd give it a go, you're only going to lose $5 after all :)

I just went and bought a new battery today actually. Mine's is for a video iPod (5G) and is a 550mAh battery which is apparently 10% more capacity than the original.

I paid £14, but handily got a couple of the little plastic tools with it too :)

Thanks, I had the same idea. I figure if I'm going to gamble, I might as well gamble hard. :rolleyes:

I ordered a $5.29 900mAh battery that came with the tools to change it out. Seller had 99.7% positive feedback, 30 day money back and item had been sold 972 times. We'll see if it works out in the end! :p

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Thanks for the advice! What's the deal with all the $4-5 replacement battery's on ebay? Are they DOA?

Nope they work! They're just generics. I bought a $6 one for my old iPod Mini 6 GB and it worked great. Higher capacity than the original one too. That being said there are certain risks of using generic batteries (think, boom.).

sfmountainbiker

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
Nope they work! They're just generics. I bought a $6 one for my old iPod Mini 6 GB and it worked great. Higher capacity than the original one too. That being said there are certain risks of using generic batteries (think, boom.).

Replacement battery arrived this morning. Popped it into the iPod with tools provided, and it looks like it's good to go! Fully charged and running FOTC at full brightness (haven't been able to watch TV shows for months now). Best $5 I ever spent! :D:cool:

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Take it apart but try and keep the case of it. You could use it as a stash case: I can see one pack of papes, some matches and a half Q crammed up there.

milton.sheaf

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Toxic electronics do not belong in the garbage. Take it to an electronics recycling facility to be disposed of properly. Notice how all electronics (apple products included) have that little logo that is a picture of a trash can with an "X" on it, either on the product itself or on the packaging? It's there for a reason. They contain toxic ****. Quit ****ing up the earth for the rest of us.

Attachments

• trash.png
    trash.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.