I fried my pismo

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by denshopat, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. denshopat macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    #1
    I bought a replacement battery (not from apple) for my pismo, at first the touchpad and button got hot enough for me to think something was a bit odd.
    But I ignored it and after about 30 minutes the machine suddenly stopped working.
    I had obviously fried something and I thought that if i pulled the machine apart i might be able to see or smell something obvious, no luck there however.

    Can anybody tell me what i have most likely fried?
    I think the powercard might be where the problem is, but would a fried powercard render the machine completely dead even with AC power?

    Any advice is appreciated
    thanks
     
  2. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2006
    #2
    I'm not as much of a Powerbook guy as I am a Powermac Guy but I used to have an older powerbook. On my old powerbook 5300 (i had several that I gotten for free) One decided that it wanted to heat up with the battery and it toasted the power board. I pulled a powerboard from another 5300 with a toasted motherboard and put it back into the 1st powerbook and it worked.
    So In my experience when it overheats something has gone wrong with with the powerboard. I have never used a Pismo and don't know all the specifics inside but I would say the Powerboard bit the dust. I would contact whomever you got the battery from and tell them about this too.
     
  3. cynerjist macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    #3
    That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. But maybe you should post this in the Powerbook/Macbook/MacBook Pro Forum. Those people have fried everything at least twice. :)
     

Share This Page