I fried my pismo

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by denshopat, Jan 12, 2007.

1. denshopat macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2007
    I bought a replacement battery (not from apple) for my pismo, at first the touchpad and button got hot enough for me to think something was a bit odd.
    But I ignored it and after about 30 minutes the machine suddenly stopped working.
    I had obviously fried something and I thought that if i pulled the machine apart i might be able to see or smell something obvious, no luck there however.

Can anybody tell me what i have most likely fried?
    I think the powercard might be where the problem is, but would a fried powercard render the machine completely dead even with AC power?

Any advice is appreciated
  2. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm not as much of a Powerbook guy as I am a Powermac Guy but I used to have an older powerbook. On my old powerbook 5300 (i had several that I gotten for free) One decided that it wanted to heat up with the battery and it toasted the power board. I pulled a powerboard from another 5300 with a toasted motherboard and put it back into the 1st powerbook and it worked.
    So In my experience when it overheats something has gone wrong with with the powerboard. I have never used a Pismo and don't know all the specifics inside but I would say the Powerboard bit the dust. I would contact whomever you got the battery from and tell them about this too.
  3. cynerjist macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2006
    That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. But maybe you should post this in the Powerbook/Macbook/MacBook Pro Forum. Those people have fried everything at least twice. :)