I get 2 email notifications for each actual email on iPhone 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dubsiphone5, Dec 23, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 is about a month old and I absolutely love it. Came from the first driod which sucked. I'm not sure if "push" has something to do with it or not but each time I get a regular email, I get 2 notifications in my message center and the same email twice. See below. What can I do so I only get one notice per email? Thanks for answering my FIRST question!!

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

danielceleste

It looks like you have two mailboxes enabled to receive mail (or something similar). Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > [name of email account] > Mail Folders To Push and then only select your inbox or any other folder you want pushed. (If you're not sure, uncheck it)

3. macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Are you using gmail and an exchange account? If so disable the gmail account in settings on the phone, the email will arrive through the exchange account.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 2 yahoo email accounts. One is my personal account and the other is my ebay account because I do a lot of selling on eBay and want to know when things sell and when I get questions. No google account on the phone.

5. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Do you have emails from one forwarded to the other?

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really sure how that works. They are both yahoo accounts and they do show up in one inbox......so I guess that would be a yes!:D