I give up on Mighty Mouse!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by OCOTILLO, Mar 29, 2007.

1. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

Mar 25, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I have finally given up on the Mighty Mouse. I have had three of them, all of which failed. The scroll wheel is the problem. It collects dirt and and hangs up, eventually getting to the point where it does not work at all. I have tried all the recommended methods of cleaning which worked for a while. I know there have been other threads complaining about the Mighty Mouse, but I guess I am a glutton for punishment. So, I am back to my MacMice mouse as much as I hate it.

I am amazed that Apple continues to make this product without coming up with a new scroll wheel. I think that this is a case where form outweighed function. Sometimes design can be carried too far.
  2. epochblue macrumors 68000

Aug 12, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You're not the first person I've heard say this, but I have to stand up for my MM. I actually haven't really had any problems with my BT MM so far...and I've it for about 8 months now. Sorry your experience with them was so bad, though.
  3. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    this is exactly why i didn't like the MM from the get go.

that said, some people like it. find a mouse that works for you and go with it.
  4. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I've always liked my BT MM - no scrolling problems since I bought it a few months ago (knocks wood).