I Got a Free PS2!

Discussion in 'Games' started by sixstorm, May 3, 2006.

1. sixstorm macrumors regular

Jan 16, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Just wanted to share the joy here. I used to own a PS2 before trading it in for an XBOX, which was sold to go towards a 360. Working at Blockbuster gets boring so I like to go through the game section and pick out games that I'd like to give a shot. Most of those games were PS2 and a few Gamecube games, since the 360 plays both XBOX1 and 360 games. I also wanted to find an old copy of Final Fantasy VII and I did yesterday for $30. Not in perfect condition, but nothing that the CD cleaner at work couldn't fix.

I decided to borrow my friend's PS2 for a week or so since exams are almost over with so I had to go pick it up at his house. Supposedly he has not hooked the PS2 up in about 4-5 months so he said "If you really want it, you can have it." I told him I'd give him some money for it next week but he was like "No."

All I had to buy was a memory card for $27 and it was good to go. I didn't know that PS2 Mem Cards were not compatible with PS1 games. Who knew? So now I gotta go to a local video game place and buy a PS1 memory card.

But I thought I would just share the joy on the boards! W00t, go post count!
  2. turbopants macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2006
    Nice! That's a great friend you have there. Enjoy the PS2!
  3. plinkoman macrumors 65816

Jul 2, 2003
    New York
    hey, free system, can't go wrong with that.

over the years, i acquired my atari 2600, nes and snes, as well as an assortment of games for each the same way. [​IMG]
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    I'm so sly. I got a GB as a christmas present as a kid. few years later I sold it to my brother for £40. I then acquired it back when he didn't care about it any more. so I actually made a profit.
    Got a GB Pocket off him too.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    mmmm free systems. always a treat!

i'm currently saving up for a DS, the new mario game, along with some others has me wanting it bad. so no way am i giving anything away for free. :eek: