I got a new MacBook for Free!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Flyinace2000, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    Don't get to excited. I started my new job at a school district and the HS is PC and the elementary schools are mac. So they are buying me a macbook, with either 1 or 2 gb or ram (depending on the 3rd party price), 2.0ghz machine with DVD burner (not black). I will be dual booting windows and mac. Very excited. The PO should be approved by friday. Currently i am using my personal PowerBook while at work and it will be nice to leave this machine at home and only have to cary around a macbook.

2. CNU182 macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    I was just wondering to myself how your mac situation was going.
    Thanks for the update:rolleyes:
  3. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
  4. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2006
    All schools should use Mac' kids love them and they are pretty ;)
  5. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    I demand to know what school district you work at :p
  6. michaeldmartin macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2006
    Testicles. That is all.
    Yeah, but some school systems use like, 350mhz imacs with panther at schools & it makes kids hate macs... Better advice: Kids love GOOD macs :D
  7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Sounds like the school district I went too.... No wonder people were demanding PCs:(
  8. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2006
    Very true we still have the fruit Macs at my elementrary school, and kids are like ohh its so slow, but then again my 8 yr old brother loves my mac and wants me to give it to him when im done. Keep in mind my mac is a 17'' MBP
  9. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005

sounded like my situation when I was in middle school. The school system turned all its computers to macs. It was the first iMacs that ever came out that had tray loading drives, and looked like the eMacs. They ran OS9, and were TERRIBLE. We were constantly reminded to save our files when we used them because at any moment the system would randomly freeze, or even reboot on its own.
  10. drake macrumors 6502a

Jul 5, 2005
    Mine was "free" too, but that won't stop me from complaining. :D
  11. Spock macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2002
    I hate that like You could never imagine
  12. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2006
    Hey! Those are the exact specs of my computer and I love it! :p
  13. dbhays macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2005
    Salinas, CA
    I have three ibooks. All free, thanks to the great tax payers of California. I too am a teacher. The first one, I got back in 2002. Its now dead and sitting in a drawer. Then next one was a g3 ibook. I use it sometimes, but its on its last legs. The one I use now is a G4 ibook. I love it, but the mobile account stuff on it is a bit to get used to. The permissions were hard to get used to as well, until I changed the owner password using the start up disk. Now I do what ever I want.

Now, don't get to huffy. I donated a power PC 6400 and an indigo imac to my classroom. They get used more than when I had them at home. (I was also able to write them off, $500 for the Power PC and $700 for the imac).

Life is sweet, but atleast I use them. I know lots of other teachers that have never even turned theirs on.
  14. erikistired macrumors 6502

Apr 21, 2006
    they got rid of all the macs at my mom's school and put in dells. sad day. she misses her macs.
  15. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2006
    Don't give it to him!:D :p Your poor MBP probably won't last long!
  16. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    Hahaha. I got my new part time job at a school a few months ago. On my PO, I got a 17" MBP and love it. If i know this, I would of posted a forum topic saying I got my MBP for free.
  17. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    What school was this? This sound like the school im working at. If it is, here whats been going on over the summer. eMacs at 512mb if not 768mb. All OSes will be at 10.4.7 with my new Xserve. No more thrid party security system or IE 5 crashes.
  18. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    It's always nice to get a supplied MacBook from work, for sure. Even if it's not technically "yours" it still feels like it. I know, I have a MBP from my office that I just got last month. :)