I Got it!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dino679, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Dino679 macrumors newbie

Hey folks, got my 17" iMac today...GREAT deal at local Microcenter....Brand new 1ghz machine WITH panther! $1299, thier website is out of them but local stores have them by nice quanity....getting used to this bright screen ...I have a slight headache so far...It Deff needs more ram then the stock 256mb explorer is sluggish, safari is nice..welp talk to you all later, wh0h000

2. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Congrats ! Sounds like a great deal ! Hope you are happy with your new Mac. Definitly more RAM will help.

Cheers

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    congratulations!!! i second the need for extra ram.

4. coolguy1382002 macrumors newbie

i got one two

I bought that same system on microcenter online last week!!! I love it!!!! I went from my 800 ibook which i thought was great untill i saw the flawless screen on my new imac for only 1299 17" and a superdrive!!!!! Too excited putting 512 more ram in it today..that was only 99 dollars at crucial.com congrats:D

5. Dino679 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, im going to order today from crucial as well, free 2 day shipping too !
    a bit afraid to install it though, dont wanna damage lcd when I tip it upside down oh well, Ill read online what to do I guess lol.

6. Dino679 thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick question, should I put the panther upgrade cd in while I only have 256mb ram?....just want to make sure it wont run sluggish..tanks..Dino.

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i suggest you upgrade the ram before you upgrade to panther.

but run the hardware test first to make sure it not bad ram

8. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck