I got my Clie to sync with Entourage finally!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iSaint, Aug 26, 2005.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

At some point in recent months my Sony Clie PDA wouldn't sync everything with Entourage. I can't remember if it was strictly a Tiger issue, because I had let my battery die down from lack of use.

So today I was working with it again, and in the HotSync Manager you go to HotSync on the menu bar then, Conduit Settings (or Apple - J for a direct link), then double-click Entourage Conduit Settings and a menu of options appears. At this point, the only thing I couldn't sync was my Address Book from Entourage. So, I selected 'Entourage overwrites Handheld', then clicked the 'Do This Once and then synchronize' option. Al a ka zam, or however you spell it, my 1407 contacts synced fine!

So that solved it, in case anyone wanted to know! :D

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Cool. Do you have that extra software from Mark Space or did it just do it with no help? (i'd like to know because I'm upgrading to Tiger soon!)

3. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

No extra software. The first thing anyone will tell you with Tiger is that you must have 'Fast User Switching' disabled.

Are you an Entourage user? I deleted all of the conduits and reinstalled 'Handheld Sync Installer' under the 'Additional Tools' folder in MS Office 2004 folder, then ran sync as above.

4. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Awesome. I'll try that.

Just out of curiosity, having never used Fast user switching (on 10.2 now) why can't you use it in Tiger (as opposed to Panther)?

5. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

It just has to do with syncing with Entourage. Not sure why but when I had my first problems that was one of the suggestions. Here's a Handheld Sync Read Me pdf.

Attached Files: