I GOT MY iPod HiFi TODAY!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CompUser, Jun 12, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

After waiting for what seemed like eternity, the UPS man came and handed me a giant box that weighed 23lbs.

At first, my mom was a little unsure about buying this $308.62 speaker (from amazon.com). She was the first to try it out and she was literally blown away. Compared to our $500 bose wave radio- the iPod HiFi wins hands down. Its not even close. The HiFi first off is $200 less (however does not have a tuner or a CD player). The Hifi is much louder, much better base, and just more powerful. The sound quality is much better as well. I say the Hifi is well worth the price. Compared to my JBL creatures they are louder and have much more controlled bass. The HiFi doesn't even have a subwoofer, but it shakes the floor. It was on my kitchen island which has a Zodiac countertop (like granite but sorta like corean sp?) and it was shaking the ground.

I am no audiophile, but the HiFi blows the Bose out of the water.

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Heh... I've got Altec Lansing InMotion speakers/base for my iPod and I am happy with them, until I move my huge speakers and subwoofer to my living room, so I can enjoy music at full blast :D

3. CompUser thread starter Guest

I had altec lansing inMotion speakers as well. I let my friend borrow them and he accidentally melted them (I was compensated). They actually were pretty good speakers.

4. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Do you have pics? I've always wanted to see a Hi-Fi in a home environment...

5. iShane macrumors 6502a

He melted them?

Haha. How?

6. CompUser thread starter Guest

He left them under a lamp and it melted the casing.

I will take pictures in a little bit for everyone.

7. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Champion :D

I would love to buy a Hi-Fi for my desk, but alias I don't really need it and especially at that price :(

Enjoy your Hi-Fi :)

8. jaysmith macrumors regular

9. y0zza macrumors regular

In all honesty, a comparison with Bose is not the most indicatives when it comes to acoustics or value...

10. CompUser thread starter Guest

For your viewing delight. HiFi w/grill, HiFi w/o grill, and that stupid overpriced bose wave radio.

Attached Files:

11. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Congrats on the HiFi! Glad you enjoy it. I do have a question. I have seen them and listened to them in the store but I never bothered to really take a close look at them.

Does it only have one source of input? (Dock Connector on top).

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Meh...I prefer my 5.1 system for the same price. Congrats though :p

13. vakej macrumors member

I THINK you can hook it up to a home stereo.

The majority of the time, I would prefer my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. But I did attend a BBQ last week, and the hi-fi would've been great :D

"alexstein" is that your audi TT? I have a red one :cool:

14. dav macrumors 6502

Optical audio in on the back (I believe), works flawlessly with my Airport Express

15. CompUser thread starter Guest

It has an Digital and Analog audio input as well as the dock connector. So you can connect really anything you want with the correct adapter- tuner, CD player, tape player, etc.

16. KlimberKlown macrumors newbie

That's what I needed to know too! Thanks!

17. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer