I got my tax refund already!

Discussion in 'Community' started by bousozoku, Feb 13, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I used TaxCut on February 1st and the deposit went into my account today.

I'm amazed that the government works so quickly! :D

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My wife's brother went to H+R Block, paid them $40 and they cut him a check right then. That was a couple weeks ago.

Plus you get your tax return a lot faster if you file early. Filing around the 15th of April pretty much guarantees a slower return.

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

$1100 when its all said and done. I'm not in any hurry for money what with the G5 PowerBooks most likely not being released for a while.

PS- Windows NT/2K source code has been released on the net. Pass it on.

4. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Got mine too. Used TurboTax this year.

Now for the 6 month wait for the state of illinois.

I got my 2002 tax refund from state of illinois in January 2004.

Quite a little scam.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    so what are you going to spend your tax return on!!!

6. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I am going to owe about 8,000$ so I am not real happy about it.

7. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mostly bills, since I still don't have a job. I bought a flash unit for my camera the other day, which took a sizeable chunk of it, though. If I can just sell some photography, I can start to live again. :)

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

well i hope u get a job, so u can start paying taxes on the money u make :D AGAIN...seriously goodluck

9. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Did TurboTax also. Fed return hit today, got my state money on Tuesday. I was shocked to see it in there. Mortgage interest deductions are nice...

10. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Thanks m8! :D It will happen, I'm sure. Maybe if I move to another country. Hey, I like Indian food and I heard that there were computer jobs in India...hmmm. :D

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well, on my tax return (which i got today as well), i'm going to throw a party tonight, which will be a total blast; get a few things i need, and maybe some light furniture. :)

paul

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I also hope that you will be successful in finding a job very soon, bousozoku!
    ;)

I just called my lawyer today to setup an appointment for next Thursday to get my taxes figured. He's taking time off till then.

13. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    I SPENT my tax refund already!

I used TurboTax for the web. I get a 50% discount on the Federal version through Fidelity. So, I ended up spending around $25 total for state and federal. I got my state refund in 3 days. I had to wait just over a week for my federal. (I also use direct deposit, which speeds it up quite a bit.) Man, I love mortgage interest, property taxes, my wife's teaching supplies, and charity! Biggest tax refund of my life!

14. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

i dont wanna grow up and hve to think of taxes!!!

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've got a meeting with my CPA next Tuesday. I usually do well with coming out ahead in some cash. :D

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations TimDaddy. I guess I'm a little old fashioned, prefer to meet with a live person. Like the idea of the personal attention. It case is an individual, just don't believe that the software can accomplish it to my satisfaction.

I hope that you are successful with your CPA eyelikeart. I went to A CPA, for my particular situation they are just too expensive. My lawyer does it for about a third less. Also I have a lawyer if I happen to need his services. He is always very accommodating.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm sure I'll be ok, I've gotten some nice refunds in the past few years. ;)

I've got a lawyer friend, but he doesn't do my taxes. I use him for advice, and have referred him to a client of mine for some business. It's always good to have friends like that. :D

18. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Well, my brother-in-law is a CPA so I never have to pay to have my taxes prepared. I have also learned to never ask him any ... searching questions about his methodology. I just wait for the large check that always seems to arrive every year.

This year I will spend my tax return on a trip to Yellowstone National Park. Already have made the reservations for 10 days inside the park.

I really want to photograph a wolf or a cougar in the wild this year. If not that, then the overweight tourist with bermuda shorts and black knee-high socks would make a great trophy picture.