I gotta sell this puppy...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Six, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Six macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2002
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    hey everyone, I need a little help. I desperatley want a newer computer than this one... It's getting older and i need something with a little more power, firewire and harddrive room! Since Im in high school, and only can work 7 hours a week, money isnt exactly easy for me to get, especially when i have to put most of my checks in to my account for my New York trip in about 6 weeks... Anywho, what would be the best option to sell or trade in my current system? and how much do you think i'd get for it? would a trade in be better? ebay? something else?

Here's what i've got:
    iMac Rev B with 4GB HD and 96 RAM
    Astra 1220 USB scanner
    Epson color 740
    Superdisk Drive with 10 disks
    Lacie CD-RW USB 4x4x24x
    Altec Lansing 5 piece speaker system (4 speakers and a sub)
    I'll throw in my 4 port USB hub too!

Im willing to part with all of this for something a little newer... any idea how much someone would buy this for? its a good computer, she deserves a good home.

I was hoping to get something with firewire, and more expandibility.. maybe a B/W G3 tower or something?
  2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    You could always throw it on eBay with a reserve and see what happens... that's a lotta stuff and you should get a fairly good deal for it.
  3. Six thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2002
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    True, but I wanna make sure I have a replacement for this computer before I sell it..