I guarantee there will be UI visual design updates before this goes live...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by doug in albq, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

doug in albq

I guarantee there will be UI visual design updates before this goes live...

besides the 1980's icons, on the home screen the app name is in pure white or pure black, with not even a hint of a drop shadow.... This has to be a mistake.

And I hope they fix much of the other visual design mistakes in iOS 7 unveiled at WWDC yesterday.

2. macrumors 65816

Oppressed

You have no idea what you are talking about, nor can guarantee anything.

3. macrumors 6502a

This is one of the biggest blowhard posts of the year. Good luck finding this guy when iOS 7 is released and he's laughably wrong.

4. macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You don't seem to understand that these theme-like UI's are always a matter of taste, you have no way of knowing who likes it and who doesn't as only developers have access to the OS as we speak, please stop making presumptions.

5. macrumors 65816

The OP is very correct on the lack of ANY sort of shadow. Put on the wrong color wallpaper and BOOM, cant read anything. With all previous iOS you could put ANY color wallpaper and would still have readability.

6. macrumors regular

The labels and buttons need drop shadow and/or glows. My money is on Apple doing this as well.

It would be a bizarre choice not to as it would take away from the visual impact of the interface.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

doug in albq

a little bit better of an idea than you...and there is always subtle UI changes between the first beta and the final release, even on versions that are not visual train-wrecks...

8. macrumors 6502a

Cut him some slack - he's guaranteeing there will be changes to a beta version of a product that isn't going to be released for 3 months.

He's practically a prophet.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

doug in albq

want to put a wager on it?

10. macrumors member

50 Million Monopoly Money and your on!

11. macrumors member

I guarantee they will be making some changes as well.

12. Guest

falconeight

I will guarantee that someone, one day will steal the moon.

13. thread starter macrumors 65816

doug in albq

14. macrumors 6502

Holty123

15. macrumors G3

So you're suggesting they will make changes to something released as the first beta... way to go out on a limb.

16. HMI
    macrumors 6502a

HMI

Samsung.

17. macrumors G5

Rogifan

But how often are there major visual design changes during betas? I thought betas were mostly for bug fixes.

18. macrumors G3

The beta period is the fix anything they deem necessary. Visual designers consider issues with visuals to be bugs.

To put it in perspective, the original iPhone shown in beta form didn't even have the YouTube app.

19. thread starter macrumors 65816

doug in albq

significantly.

which is different.

Also, passing the buck on the visual design is a new one for an apple exec.

----------

"the irrelevant comparison"

20. macrumors G3

Oooooo significantly.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the visuals might change before the final release.

21. macrumors 65816

I am hoping they would change it (and assumed they would because most of the OS needs to be polished) but obviously I can not predict the future.

----------

Yesterday everyone was basically calling the OP an idiot and now everyone is going to tell OP that his prediction is an obvious claim. :D

22. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

Good job OP, you guess right :)

23. macrumors 68000

cmichaelb

Not 1980's - late 1950's Euro modernism.

24. macrumors member

Don't listen to those who laugh at you. I think you bring up a good point. Historically, Apple has ignored the haters and just gone on doing what they do best. However, sometimes things catch on (remember "Antennagate"?) and the media blows stuff out of proportion. I don't think this will be nearly as big of a deal as Antennagate was, but I do think Apple will make some design changes. It's a beta after all, nothing's guaranteed.

Also:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/12...arketing-team-in-charge-of-ios-7-icon-design/

Things can and probably will change

25. thread starter macrumors 65816

doug in albq

Yes, that is how it works here at MR.

----------

that is why I personally made so much noise about all this bad visual design. not because I hate Apple, but because I strongly like Apple products above all their competition, and only want what I have come to expect over the years, which is the very best.

Oddly enough, most big media is not even touching on the idea that the app icons visual design is not liked by many, many people. It is mostly small blogs from UI types (and Mac Rumors) disliking the visual design...

----------

kinda similar.