I hate FedEx

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ethernet76, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if anyone hated FedEx as much as I do? Apple mananged to ship my order early - Nov 21 instead of the predicted Dec 3 date.

Good for Apple, but FedEx might be retarded. Estimated arrival date was 25th at 10:30 a.m, and seeing as how I'm in Kent, Ohio and it's sitting in Indiana right now i somehow think it's going to take a couple more days to get here. Great.

I leave for thanksgiving break tomorrow at 12:15.

This seems to me to be typical of FedEx as everything I've ever ordered, whether it be at this address or anything else. Apple's site says it's 5-day at most, I'm banking on 7 days at least.

My favorite part is actually tracking though. It seems my package moved from Tawain to Alaska in about 30 minutes. I think FedEx would be better served by instead of listing the city, just using a big dot on a small map to indicate the probable location of your package. Or maybe at least update the estimated delivery date when it's going to be late.

Also, why does Apple use Airborne for some stuff and FedEx for others? My iPod came airborne.

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

going from taiwan to alaska, you cross the international date line. it's very possible it only took "30 min" going by local times.

3. beerguy macrumors regular

I ordered Apple Care for my Powerbook a few weeks ago.

The order shipped from the Elk Grove, CA plant on 11/3. For the record, the destination address was in West Sacramento, CA; a full 13 miles up I5 from the Elk Grove Apple plant.

FedEx decided to send the package to Orlando first so it took 11 days to go 13 miles.

I'm sure glad it wasn't something time sensitive.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

I admittedly live relatively close to Apple, but I've never had any significant problems with FedEx getting stuff to me. Things generally arrive when scheduled or a day early, and so far everything has been in one piece, including the monsterous G5 box.

On the other hand, I much prefer my local UPS delivery guys--I don't know if it's company policy, but the FedEx guys often just leave junk on the doorstop (the bastard was going to dump my computer there if my wife hadn't been home!), which is on a major street and in the rain, and they're none too friendly. The UPS guys are always curteous and careful about signatures.

That's luck of the draw, though.

5. rocketeer87 macrumors newbie

FedEx

My PowerBook must be right beside yours. Shipped from Taiwan through Alaska and sitting in Indianapolis when it was supposed to be here this morning. The waiting is the hardest part!

6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I hate UPS...Welcome to the club...At least FedEx didn't loose your package...

See Sig

7. ethernet76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As far as I know everything is in either EST or GMT

8. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Apple - "Thank you for your order dated 07-NOV-2003, which Apple has received at the Apple Store... Please allow 9 days for the delivery."

My bone's not with FedEx... It's with TNT. As you can see my lappy made it out of Taiwan in about forty-eight hours, straight flight to Luxembourg. Weird place to go via, but hey... Stick it on on another flight to the UK and that's like another two to three days, right?

Wrong.

It took a friggin week to make a journey that was less than a third of the entire trip. No one can tell me what the problem was or why the package had to make a trip around Europe in various trucks before getting here. It was suggested that customs had a hand in the delay, but I wasn't aware customs took iBooks for trips... :D

Anyway, I have her now. No complaints from the finally delivered product.

Attached Files:

9. nysteve macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. Expedited shipping paid for.

The shipping date was moved up exactly as yours was - with exactly the same dates.

And also coming via the slow FEDEX BOAT from china. Stuck at Chiung Kai Shrek :) CKS airport for 2 days.... To Alaska....now on the tarmac - or just left Indianaplis after sitting there for 8 hours.... and obviously didn't make it in today.

SUCKS

Usually I find FEDEX to be pretty good and reliable including international shipments. This one sucks and it still says on tracking that it would be in this am by 10:30.....

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Ok you guys need to have a little more faith, I'll post an image of my powerbook delivery, it went very quickly and renewed my faith in Apple and fedex, I know it sucks to wait but once you get it you won't even think about it

11. simply258 macrumors regular

I asked this in a seperate thread, but since there are people who recently got their systems, i'll ask here again..

I already bought an iBook which hasnt arrived yet but didn't purchase the .Mac at the promotional price of $69 something .. Will my system come with a voucher or code that I can use to get .Mac at a discounted price ? The reason I'm asking is to know if I should go ahead and get it now at regular price, or wait for the iBook and maybe there'd be something ? maybe people who recently got their system can tell me if something comes in the box ..

12. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

There was no discount voucher of any sort in my box. Dunno where you get your ideas from! I think you might find that .Mac had to be purchsed WITH the iBook to take advantage of the promotional price.

13. ethernet76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i trust apple, not fed ex.

14. GigaWire macrumors 6502

lol

15. kanker macrumors 6502

Re: FedEx

I wish mine were sitting in Indianapolis- then it would only be acroos town and here in the morning. Fed Ex has had it for almost 2 days now... I'm not particularly happy right now...hope I will be in the morning.

16. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

This is the first time I've had a problem with FedEx - they've always been great before, no delays or anything. But with my new PowerBook......

"Shipped" from Taiwan on the 22nd. Sat there until about two hours ago when it said Left FedEx ramp. Now it says it's left the ramp in Anchorage. I can't complain too much, because they quoted me the 26th by 10:30 am, so they still might make it. Wehn I called, the customer service rep. (very nice, by the way) said they'd been having mechanical troubles. In any case, if I get my new one tomorrow, Huzzah. If not, all will will break loose from every pore in my body.

:D

17. ethernet76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it's in Cleveland now. Kent is about 40 minutes away, but AKron seems like the better distribution point. It's closer. However, the FedEx truck is here on campus always at 11 a.m. Giving me exactly 1 hour 15 minutes to unpack it, hide the packing, and pack it way safely so it can come home with me. And yes, I did hide it from my parents, they'd go crazy if they knew i spent that kind of tuition money on a computer. Oops.

Also part of the thing is, they'd deliever it to the dorm, which is closed over Thanksgiving break, and doesn't FedEx hold it at some location after two failed attempts to deliever? For some reason I can just see myself begging for a ride to the FedEx place.

18. rocketeer87 macrumors newbie

Cleveland would be nice. Tracking says my PowerBook went from Indianapolis to Australia. Taking the long way around to Texas, I guess. Maybe I should go pick it up before the dingos eat it.

19. ethernet76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahahahahaha, Australia? Maybe they just wanted to send it through customs again for giggles

20. ethernet76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apparently mine went with yours. Maybe they're on honeymoon together?

Reguardless, I'm expecting deliverly today. Hope it's a boy!

Attached Files:

21. cubist macrumors 68020

I seldom use FedEx because while they might be reliable, they are extremely slow. I ordered a SCSI-3 adapter once, a very small part, with FedEx next day shipping. It took 6 days by the calendar. The CPU upgrade for my Cube, by FedEx Ground, took an entire month to get from New York to Virginia.

22. nysteve macrumors newbie

FEDEX TRACKING IS INACCURATE

Well, it looks like my computer is also in Australia.

A quick call to Apple asking them to look at the tracking information and tell me where they thought my computer was led to them calling FEDEX (after I told them AU - stood for Australia and not GOLD).

Fedex told Apple that the information was incorrect and a "live scan" indicated it was on a truck in Washington, DC. I let them know that there seemed to be others in the same boat with inaccurate scans indicating their computers were in Australia.

Perhaps they've all been hijacked! :confused: :(

23. kanker macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't been scanned in over 36 hours. It would be nice to know exactly where it was right now.:mad:

24. rocketeer87 macrumors newbie

The dingos came through. My PowerBook was only pretending to be in Australia; now it happily receiving all my files from the old iBook. I almost hugged the FedEx guy!

25. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

There are more of us! Apple, take some heed. Please!?