I hate the government heres why

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyataroo, Sep 8, 2005.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

2. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Where? :rolleyes:

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks I hadnt seen this, he is so right. we do have a govt thats a freaking out of control beauracracy. Look at our Border,look at our Space Program, anywhere you go Govt wants control and then F up things. America needs to wake up. We need more Power at the State levels instead of another layer of Spin./Tax. The Govt on Local,State and Federal all F up'd this one. We dont need more Federal control on anything in my view. Term Limits for Congressional Fat cats would be a start. We have to have a Govt working for the people not against. At the moment they are working 100% for special interest.

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

The only words I will say about Michael Moore:

Documentaries make you think. Propaganda makes you hate.

PS - This belongs on the political forum, but I guess shyataroo has no access.

5. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

People in here know my stance on government and the issues in this country I live in. The government needs a major change in the way it all operates but I don’t expect it to change with all the lawyers and courts controlling this country. I hope one day the government will change and for the better but somehow I doubt it and it will go down the tube.

I don’t know why I cracked up laughing when I saw Broussard crying like that, I did the same when Geraldo came on and started to cry.

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

It has nothing to do with Michael Moore.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, perhaps you should begin by asking yourself why?

8. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I thought it was funny I suppose, its tragic what happened in Katrina it truly is but I just started laughing after seeing the video on fox news originally.

I don’t know maybe I have a sick sense of humor in all this.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You constantly amaze me. A sick sense of humor indeed.

10. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Insensitive. You don't get it, do you?

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What got you? The part where the guy's mother drowned? That's where I cracked up, too.

I've been jerking off to the corpse photos for the past few days too.

12. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i bet if that was your mother calling you, you would not be laughing, you wouldnt too happy either

13. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Was it really FEMA that turned the trucks from wal mart away? Some may say it was the state and local governments.

14. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I wonder if that lady died in the same nursing home that they pulled 30 bodies out of (and I think they saved 30 to 50 live people). I usually have a sick sense of humor, but not enough to dismiss the pain of those suffering in this disaster. I think the extended anguish of what happened - with the entire world bearing witness, no less - overwhelmed whatever good cheer I had.

15. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Er, the guy is the head of disaster operations for his parish. I would think he would know more than "some" random people out there. He was speaking about his personal experience dealing with FEMA. After FEMA shut down his commucations center, he restored it and had to post armed guards to protect it from being shut down again (I read the extended story on this).

FEMA is a disaster. Volunteer firefighters and police from around the country are now circumventing FEMA (who they would usually work through) to help out the local authorities directly. FEMA has lost all credibility.

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

We may never know since it appears that we may never have an independent review like we did with 9-11.

This has nothing to do with Moore. His site is just hosting a clip. And the story told, was proved to be true. So what propaganda?

But they have the expertise at the helm to put on a fine horse show. Maybe.

17. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

This has nothing to do with Michael Moore. It just happens to be linked on his website. The movie is from a televised news program; it could've just as well been linked from anyone elses site. Perhaps if you had watched it instead of disregarding it just because you saw "michaelmoore.com" in the link you would've realized that, but then again judging by your avatar, you appear to be the kind of person who labels anything "liberal media" unless it comes from one of the lying windbags on Fox News. :rolleyes:

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

A little too personal of an attack IMO.

BTW, I thought Canadians were of a "liberal" bent.

19. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

welcome back! :)

20. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Oh good lord. This situation is a BIG problem. Wow.

21. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

My belief

Doesn't everyone know it's the end of times. That is if you believe in the Bible and Revelations. It only gets worse from here my friends. However, keep your heads up, be kind to one another, and always help out those in need.

Nuc

22. hob macrumors 68020

hob

I'd say that's a bit of a strange statement - are you trying to say that the fine documentaries of Michael Moore made you hate something? Documentaries can make you feel many things.

And you! What's wrong with you? There's having a sick sense of humour, and then there's being sick in the head.

How could you find that in the least bit humourous. Have americans become so desensitized to death now?

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Sadly, remains relevant after all these years.

Attached Files:

24. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sad in deed.