I hate to say I told you so ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by boxlight, Oct 24, 2006.

1. boxlight macrumors member

For future reference,

I hate to say I told you so, but the "Future Shop Indicator" worked again to predict new Apple products.

boxlight

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

So Future Shop in Canada running out of MacBooks was a harbinger of updated MacBook Pros about to be released?

So when they run out of iMacs, is that when we'll know that updated MacBooks are on the way? ;)

3. boxlight thread starter macrumors member

I hear you. ;-) Expect to see new MacBooks soon.

Just to clarify, the indicator is when Future Shop sells the Mac products ON SALE and actually has them IN STORE.

During normal cycles, Future Shop sells Mac products at full price and has them as "web only" products. The theory is Future Shop gets the items in store at a discount, presumably because Apple is clearing out soon to be discontinued models to big box stores.

This has been a working indicator since about this time last year.

boxlight

4. mini.boss macrumors member

Im sorry, but you cant call an "i told you so" on the release of a product that was predicted on a weekly basis for 3 months. There were signs of C2D for a long long time so the fact that it was released has more to do with inevitability than your ability to predict.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would agree, I dont see how a sale on Macbooks indicated an update in a completely different product line, but then again perhaps I am just slow.