I hated iOS 7 look until I installed it......

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Black Magic, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Black Magic, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

macrumors 65816

Black Magic

All,

When I first saw iOS 7 on websites and video, I was disgusted and wondered aloud if Apple was circling the drain because surely Steve Jobs would never release such a thing.

Yesterday, I went ahead and installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and I have to say it's really nice. Hell, even the icons are growing on me (Ive mentioned that the icons are a work in progress and will change before GM). It's just a better OS period. The look is more modern and up to date and I couldn't imagine going back to iOS 6 at this point.

Moral of the story, don't knock it until you have tried it. The damn thing rocks!

2. iBreatheApple, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013

macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Apple has me hooked. It doesn't matter what the next iPhone or version of iOS offers, I'll purchase it. The Apple ecosystem is what has me locked in... Airplay, iCloud, et cetera.

3. macrumors 68010

When did Ive say the icons are a work in progress and will change before the GM? And I admit it looks slightly better in person, but it's still hideous in my eyes.

4. macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Glad you are enjoying it. I have been making the point for the last several days that interacting with it is worlds away from simply looking at screenshots and reading the complaints from nitpickers on the forum.

I really wish people would wait until they have some hands-on experience before judging.

5. macrumors regular

Source, please?

6. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I like iOS 7. There I said it. I don't see all the criticism. Same people complaining about how iOS is stale are now saying it's too colorful and looks like a 7 year old drew it and it copied features from android. Hypocrit.es

7. macrumors 68040

boshii

8. macrumors 68010

9. macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I like IOS 7 too but the icons seem to be pea cocking.

10. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I think Apple is more open to hear our cries than in past times now. I'm willing to bet they'll change it up a bit.

Just seconds after I posted this, this surfaced. A possible leak by Apple themselves "by mistake" (to shut us up so we know new icons are coming). Just a theory...

11. macrumors 68040

boshii

I'm not saying Ive said it, it's just where the other poster's words came from.

12. macrumors 6502a

my phone tried to redirect me to 'hypocrite.es' thanks to you ;)

13. macrumors newbie

I def agree. I love it too and for a beta its sure as stable for me and im getting the same battery usage when i was on 6.1.4 i would say a little better actually.

14. macrumors G3

One of Estonia's finest websites.

15. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

See? I've told people that you NEED to try it. The new look will grow on you.

16. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Well, as I've been saying in other threads, for me the effect has been opposite. When I saw the keynote, I was excited to try it, but once I installed and started using iOS 7, I found one thing after another that didn't work for me. Just take the new font for example. At first glance it looks sleek and pretty, but after looking at it all day, it makes me feel edgy and tired.

17. macrumors 6502

The only thing I really don't like the look of is the folders. I think they could have made them look like a layered stack of apps and when you point to the folder they disperse out onto the screen. They way when you move the screen around the stack would change positions and it would add to the 3D effect. Other than the folders I think it looks great. It has changed the way I use the phone. I used to never go into the "multitask" screen unless I was going to kill an app and now I use it all the time. I also really like when you go to an app the way it comes up on the screen. The animations are much better all around and I’m sure they will get even smoother as we get new betas.

18. macrumors 603

19. macrumors 68010

20. macrumors 603

Well there's no doubt they are.

21. macrumors 6502a

I used it on my iPhone 5 a few days ago, and I still thought it was ugly... just a little less ugly. I ended up going back to 6.1.4...

22. macrumors P6

I am experiencing pretty much the same thing. Hopefully things will improve both in terms of functionality and design through the various betas (and by the final release).

23. macrumors member

I agree with the original post - wouldn't dream of going back to ios6.

24. macrumors 6502

Agree ;)

25. macrumors 6502

Same here. It doesn't look as good in photos or screenshots as it does in reality.

I love iOS 7.

I have 2 iPhones and I'm running 6 on one and 7 on another. The 6 phone seems totally outdated, and also it's a pain always having to go to settings to affect stuff that's in the control panel in 7.