I have 45 cents left on my gift card!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Guitarius, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

For some reason, people always give me Barnes and Noble gift cards for gifts. I just used my latest one and, and this is the closest I've ever been to spending it all. I had a $30 card, and I'm down to 45 cents. I don't like to go over on gift cards, so I have a few with 50-80 cents left on them. If I could only use more than one per purchase. Yay for me. Anyway. Go back to what you were doing.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Go buy some greeting cards or something and use up some of the small credits?

That is one thing I preferred with paper vouchers - much more customer friendly since you got the change as opposed to the retailer getting the benefit of it.

3. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I work at Barnes and Noble and they should have cashed you out. In arizona it is actually illegal to give cashback on gift cards, yet we issue cash at a dollar or less. Nothing there is for 45 cents. Their greeting cards start at three dollars. Save it and use it towards a purchase of another gift card to give to the people that give you them. The most inexpensive thing at a Bn are cd openers. The cost 99 cents just so you know.

4. Guitarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I order online, cause the BN here is kinda small, and don't always have what I'm looking for (ie a book of gay poetry titled Heterophobia by Ragan Fox).

You think if I bring all my cards in they'll give me the change? I probably have a good 5 or 6 dollars left in total...

5. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

They might...but what I will say is that that's how they make most of their money off gift cards. That and a lot of times if you have a card after 6 months to a year they start taking off $1-$2 a month if it hasn't been used.

6. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

They probably wont. I can't remember what we used to cash out on, but it all depends on where you live. Some places (like mesa), according to management, have laws against cashing out gift cards.