I have a Confession to Make... I like Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GimmeSlack12, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I had mostly spoken against Quicksilver in the idea that all of the people on here claiming it was great were idiots.

HAaaa. Guess who the idiot was!
    Well I saw a beta of the recent version of Quicksilver and said what the hell. Now I have it installed, and am learning the depth and beauty of this program.
    Yes it is faster than Spotlight. Like a Ferrari compared to a MiniVan.

There is so much going on with QS that I am failing to find how it works exactly, so if anyone wants to drop any handy tips that you like I'd be much appreciative. I am looking over the QS site as well. It is very informative.
    I have seen the Light.

(and it doesn't have a spot in front of it)

2. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The 43 Folders tutorials are pretty good for learning how to append things and set up triggers.

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Can you give me a link to try it out? tried google but couldn't find it successfully :eek:

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

installed it yesterday, and am slowly realizing just how cool it could be. Now if only it could search docs by content so it could fully replace spotlight...

Also, is there a way to make it search for whole words only? Sometimes it will return a hit that doesn't actually have the full word anywhere in hit, but has similar words or pieces the words together from other words. I can see the usefulness of that, but I'd rather just have it do an exact search.