I Have a Webcam

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Totalimmortak, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Totalimmortak macrumors newbie

Mkay. So I have an old Intel Webcame (I have no idea of the type, all it says is it's Intel) It's about 5 years old, it's USB, I decided to plug it into my G5, and nothing even came up. However, when I plugged it into the keyboard, it wouldn't load it because it needed more power. So I know the computer recognizes that it's there, it just doesn't want to use it. I found some program called MacCam, that didn't help, it just said no camera detected. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get THIS camera to work? I really don't fele like getting an iSight, seeing as how I have so little use for one, I just want to try this out since I already have it. I know it works, because I plugged it into my old Windows upstairs, and it recognized it, so I donno.

Any suggestions, or other programs/tricks to get this to work.

Oh, I already tried iChat AV.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Do you have the appropriate drivers installed?

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

You can try a program called iChatUSBCam. It's cheap, but there's also a free demo so you can make sure it works with your camera.

4. Totalimmortak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the thing, I tried using the install CD, but I guess it was Windows only.

I just now thought of checking Intel's website.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Probably a good idea.

6. Totalimmortak thread starter macrumors newbie

I can only find Windows Drivers. Damn. I was really hoping to get this working.