I have an idea of what I want to make/do but not sure of what application will do it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jonnyfive, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Jonnyfive, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013

macrumors regular

I need some application expertise!

I have a vision of something that I want to create, but I am not sure what tool I can use to actually make this.

Basically I want to create a layout like the one below, with a snipit of the content and it link to the full content when clicked.
    [​IMG]

The content I will arrange in the link will not be links in the web (like the example above shows) it will be created by myself.

Requirements:
    • I want it to be a self contained file that anyone can easily view or ideally print off if they would like. (Example: The first page could act like a table of contents but in the form of the screenshot above, each article listed could link to a page within the document).
    • The ability to share with specific and targeted people (not out on the web for the whole world to see).

Is there an application that I can do this in?
    I would love to use iWork and export as a .pdf for this but I don't believe it will allow me to create links within the document aside from a traditional table of contents.

2. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I think you can do this in Pages. When you add a hyperlink, there should be a drop down menu that lets you make it a bookmark. That should export fine to a PDF too.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the suggestion.

I had a look through the hyperlink options and linking within the document isn't possible there.

4. onekerato, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013

macrumors regular

How about using PowerPoint or Keynote? Can link from one cover-page slide to others? Grid layout is also easy.

Jose

5. thread starter macrumors regular