I have an iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by southpaw17, Apr 2, 2007.

1. southpaw17 macrumors member

on my iTunes I have some full albums that I ripped. On a few of them the very last song has all of the same information, but it says that it is on another album and two of the same album covers show up in the cover view. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I am kinda anal about my iTunes library and it just nags at me and when I put them in my iPod they show up as two albums even though all of the info is the same.
    Thanks for help.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

iTunes can be picky about matching. Sometimes that kind of problem will go away if you copy the album title, artist etc. from a "good" track, then paste that into the same fields on the "bad" one.

3. southpaw17 thread starter macrumors member

good call. the problem was that some of the artists had a space after their name that was impossible to tell unless i actually went through them. thanks for the advice

4. nooral1 macrumors newbie

artwork

some of my song dont have art work on them

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Try Clutter. It handles that sort of thing well.

6. nooral1 macrumors newbie

if my song just go by title will it find the ablum or artwork for it

7. southpaw17 thread starter macrumors member

I use gimmesometune that I got from apple's website. it is outstanding. any song that doesn't have album artwork this program will automatically get it for you.

8. mattibek macrumors member

Select all the songs in the album then press :apple: I (for info) this will let you enter all the album info at once including artwork. If the CD is various artist then sometimes each song shows up as multiple albums, while in :apple: I change compilation (bottom left) from no to yes this will group all selected into one album. Hope this helps you manage your music.