I Have Converted 2 Pc Users! Bow Down To Me!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LimeiBook86, Sep 26, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

hee hee hee catchy title eh?

Let me introduce you to my friend Gabe. He used to hate macs, he even video taped him and his friend Todd breaking a old Mac. Poor mac... Well last year when I first met him in High School we found out that I loved Macs and he simply hated them. I slowly made him respect Macs and then he started to fall in love with Mac OS X (who wouldn't) Well now that one year has passed we are back to school (agian! :rolleyes: )Well a couple weeks ago my friend Gabe wanted to get a laptop, he would only really use it for text and he wanted to bring it to class and type. After many PC deals I found him a sweet mac! It was at Mac Of All Trades (www.macofalltrades.com) I looked under the PowerBook section and there it was a wonderful PowerBook 540c. Once having one I know it was a great mac. Well he loves it! He has Mac OS 8 on it and it runs fine, he got it for only $80 bucks with shiping and handling, they said the batteries were dead but we fixed'em hee hee.

Now for my friend Steve! Having the same name as my friend is wierd. Try calling someone and say "Hi this is Steve, is Steve there?" It feels wierd! :) lol Well anyway... My friend loved macs ever since I showed my iBook to him. He thinks it is great! Well he decided he didn't want a mac, but he would change his mind soon enough. After his Windows XP Gateway PC started acting up, he tryed my Mac. He liked it, I showed him Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. He also loved Unreal Tournament, hee hee. Well he found an iBook on eBay, it was the first iBook ever made, well the first model that is. ;) Well he bought it for around $550, it had all the original disks and packaging. I think it's a good deal. Now he is waiting for his iBook to come in the mail. He is so excited just like my friend Gabe was when he was waiting for his PowerBook 540c to come in the mail. Well I think I have converted two PC users, although Gabe says he still loves his Windows XP machine, although it has a Mac OS X Aqua theme and I gave him the latest Aqua Backround for his PC. I think my friends will buy more Macs over the years. My mission is complete! HAHAHAHA! :D :cool: (sorry for spelling errors, I can't spell!!!)

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

my dad has converted 4 people at work and 2 at a PC store, so bowdown to him, He's needs to be hired by apple :D

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

hee hee hee

yeah...

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

my dads a mac god, don't know much about em, types with 1 finger but he's got the mac converting skills

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

You don't even want to know how many people I have converted since we opened the online store, and now we are opening one in the mall on Oct. 7th!

Yea, my goal. The whole damn city.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: I Have Converted 2 Pc Users! Bow Down To Me!

I would, but it's not going to be pretty, until I can go out and get a new belt...

[​IMG]

7. macmax macrumors regular

how or where do you find these?
    also i have to tell you that i was reading the posts and i realized i had this stupid smile in my face , i didn't know i could be that happy just knowing that some people just did switch.
    man this is weird, but i love my macs as they are part of me.
    my thesis is about them too.
    long live tha mac

8. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I've converted 2 pc designers into getting macs, sold an old ruby iMac to a nieghtbor after convicning her it was better then a PC and got my parents to buy mac. Also, my 13 month old daughter will grow up under the RDF and be a happy mac user.

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

LMAO...even tho you were telling me that your dad wanted to get a pc n u ended up selling your imac...n found out he didnt want to get a pc right after u sold it...

10. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I have a friend at school that is on the verge o buying his first Mac. I've been telling him about the Mhz Myth and why OS X kick ans. His big concern however is that he wants to run WordPerfect. I told him that he could run Word, but he said that he hates Microsoft and that is one of the key reasons he wants to switch. I didn't know what to tell him so I come to you guys. What do I do about all of his WordPerfect docs? Will Appleworks open them? He said that he would be OK with Appleworks, but wants to preserve all of his old documents? Help me help him. ;)

P-Worm

11. zed macrumors 6502

Ive got 4 converts under my belt.... wait no, that's 2 converts and 2 first time buyers. Ive got a couple more in the works now :cool: :cool: