I have decided to sell my new Powerbook on ebay, help me determine a price

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Caddy, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Caddy macrumors member

Mar 13, 2003

I got my new powerbook 2 weeks ago. For many reasons (and those who've followed my posts might be familiar with the problems I've had), I have decided to go back to a PC. No offense intended, my husband is a die-hard Mac man with a PB 17 inch, but I am an old dog who wasn't very good at learning new tricks. I don't know, am I better off sending it back to Apple, do they take a huge cut for open box? Secondly, what price would be good to start it at?

Well thanks to those who' ve answered my numerous questions during the past two weeks. The two main reasons I am going back for those who care is because of the word processing and the kind of "slower" movement of this computer vs. the PC (long story). I also like having my windows on the bottom because when I write I flip back and forth from a thesauras to Word about once every five/ten minutes. I still agree that the Mac is more elegant and a fine machine, it just isn't working out here. I will miss you guys!
  2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    I am sorry to hear about your trouble, however I cannot help but feel that you didn't give the Mac enough of a chance. (Since I am a recent switcher)

But if you feel that you must go, returning it to Apple is by far your best bet. I took a $1000 hit when I eBayed my last almost new Laptop. (But it was a PC. Mac's tend to hold there value better.)
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    what are the specs for this? hard drive? RAM? airport extreme? I just sold an ibook that was over a year old for 2/3 of it's purchase prices despite there having been 3 updates to the line since I bought it. If you do the auction right you can recoup most of your money. please let us know the specs; then we can advise you a little better.