I have finally switched after a 7 week wait

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cwedl, Oct 12, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    I have finally go my 12" Powerbook, It is fantastic, what also makes it good is my fast internet connection, I downloaded 150mb of updates in less that 4 minutes that was fantastic! I also have a .mac account, but at the moment I am just updating it, the fact that panther is coming out soon, means that I will have to spend another £100, nevermind, I am very Very happy, I think that I made the right chose to switch!!!!!

I will keep you updated
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    That's good to hear, glad you're enjoying you new PB :) Oh, and welcome to MacRumors.
  3. macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Congratulations, buddy! You absolutely did make the right choice. And really, don't worry about the extra money for Panther - I'm running it right now (The final build too - 7B85). The interface is so much more sleek, performance is noticeably improved, an it's just overall bitchin' to have the latest and greatest that Apple offers. :D:D:D:D:D
  4. macrumors 6502

May 30, 2002
    Congratulations and welcome.

It is allways great to hear that people keep switching, it shows that Apple is fighting the good fight. The darkside will not prevail against Apple. ;)
  5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    Just a few more questions,

If I rip all of my music cds onto my mac without being connected to the internet, will I later be able to get all the track names when I connect to the internet?

In Microsoft Excel I am used to pressing alt and enter to bring text down to the next line in a cell, How do I do this on a mac, I can't seem to get it to work?

thank you
  6. macrumors 65816

Jul 24, 2002
    Champaign, IL
    Nope. I belive you have to be connected at the time you rip them for the track names to be included. Oh, what format/bit rate are you endocing in...just curious.
  7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    AAC 128kbps, I believe that AAC produces better sound quality than MP3s, My iPod will be bale to play them back, So will stick with that.

I will just have to use my dial-up account when I go home so that it can update the track info.

Thanks anyway, any body know about my Microsoft Excel Problem.