I have found the mother lode!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I've found the "good" Mac computer lab here at Uni.

20 Quad G5's coupled to 20" ACDs - my god it's beautiful. These little babies are VF quick too - everything opens within one bounce on the dock, even office.

Oh man I miss my Mac, won't know anything till at least Thursday. I feel like offering the guy some money just to get him to tell my Dad that it's stuffed and I need a new Mac.

Then it's convincing him that a new one rather than an old second hand one is the way to go. Then to convince him to pony up for the Core Duo version of the mini rather than the solo.

I really don't like having to borrow money off the parentals, makes me feel totally dependent yet I've been out of home now for 6 years.
  2. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    *drools at the thought of 20 quad in the one room!*

Most of the rooms and theaters at Uni have some kind of Mac in them which runs the projectors and what not. From what I've seen most of them are G4 towers and they still run pretty well. I've seen a few emacs lying around some of the libraries but I'm yet to find an entire lab filled with new ones...I'm sure there's one somewhere though.

I'd be having major withdrawals if I had to wait that long to use my Mac. Maybe ask if you can camp out in the Quad room till Thursday. Even if it gets a little cold, I'm sure turning a few of the Quads on would warm up the place nicely! ;)
  3. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Wow! I get excited when I just see our schools only Powermac and iMac G5!

So feel like instaling folding at home???:p