I have just received my new SonyEricsson t68i!

Discussion in 'Community' started by zarathustra, Dec 11, 2002.

1. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

It's an awesome piece of cell technology, but hearing about the third generation networks in Japan with streaming MPEG4, my phone looks old already.

I managed to sync via infrared my old handspring, but addresses and calendar only. does anyone know how to sync Notes/Memos directly between the two?

Now I will get the Bluetooth adapter for my PB, and will be totally abandoning my Visor.

It also checks my .Mac account via IMAP and various POP3 accounts. The GPRS network works great, much better than my old AT&T plan (which I believe is TDMA????)

The only complaint I have is not actually about the phone. TMobile (my new provider) doesn't list this phone in their inventory, and as such, it is not supported under their own T-zones internet access portal. I can't download their themes, pics, sounds, because I get an error saying that my device is not supported. Bah, humbug. I guess over time they will include support, because I already bugged them 3 times about it (in two days).

Anywho, people looking for a well rounded cell phone/PDA replacement/WAP should look no further. You can buy it now for $25 from Amazon after a $250 rebate.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I Got One Too

I just got one of these too (for free - in the UK you can get one for free with a new Orange contract). Works really well with bluetooth. If you want themes check out VT for an app called T68 ThemeEdit. When you have created the theme you want just dump it onto the Bluetooth File Exchange program in your Utilities folder. So simple and it all just works. Unlike my PC friends who have had these phones for quite a few months and still havn't got it working, even trying multiple USB adaptors.

3. zarathustra thread starter macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Re: I Got One Too

thanks, I'll definitely try that. the themes included are rather tame/lame. Thanks.

Can I dump a text file into the Bluetooth fileExchange and have it show up in the Notes?

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I wanted to get one but couldn't afford it :(. I am using my Dad's
    old phone :D. Ugly as hell, but it works, and it was free, so I can't
    complain. ;)