I Have Lint Under iPhone3G Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by estooie, Aug 11, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2008
    South OC, CA
    I just wanted to ask if I'm the only one going through this? I have random pieces of white specks underneath my iPhone3G's screen. I've had two replacements for the same thing, and my third one had it right out of the box. It's not a dead pixel, and it's underneath the screen, very visible. I baby my phone and take care of it very well.
    Please let me know if you're going through the same thing, or know if it's a known issue?

Thanks! :cool:
  2. macrumors 604

Jul 10, 2007
    known issue. the LCD is not glued to the glass like the previous iphone, thus there is room for dust. take it back if it bugs you, but be prepared to get another phone with dust, or cracks, or light leaks around the screen. it's a gamble.
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2008
    Yes, it is very annoying, as it distracts me from whatever I am looking at under the sun.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2008
    It goes away from time to time tho.. at least mine has.. It was the first time I've had it too.
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2008
  6. macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Definitely take it back. My first had an uneven glass and wasn't flush at the top of the iPhone, and it had some dust and lint stuck in the crevices. I also had an on/off glitch, so the glass/dust & lint problem wasn't my only concern. :(
  7. macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2009
    Lint under iPhone screen

I had lint under my iPhone screen. Took it to Apple Genius Bar with 3 days left on my warranty and they replaced my screen within 5 minutes. I documented the whole process here http://krashr.com/2009/07/lint-under-iphone-screen/
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jun 11, 2009
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I love it when people use search!!!:D