i have no display on my ipod help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by backyspaghetti, Nov 28, 2005.

1. backyspaghetti macrumors newbie

my ipod seems to have got squished in my bag and i guess it wasnt locked because when i took it out all i have is the backlight and no display, i can only guess that the contrast has been turned right down, the clickers on and i would really REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me click by click how to turn it back on because i cant find any help anywhere and took it to the apple shop and they didnt know what was wrong with it ?!?!?!PLEASE HELP
    :confused: :( :( :( :( :( :( :confused:

2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

if you have a 4g ipod then press the munu buttons a couple times, move you finger all the way counter clockwise (to be at the top of the list, move the cursor down twice (2 clicks), press select, move the cursor down 8 times, press select, move the click wheel to change the contrast.
    When i tried this on my ipod, even at the lowest contrast setting, i could still see whats on the screen. So maybe, your display may be damaged or somthing disconnected.

3. haiggy macrumors 65816

4. Battousai macrumors member

I'd just use the iPod updater from apple to resore your iPod, then just resync to get all your music back.

Oh yeah, then I'd get a case...

5. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

If it makes you feel better I'm having the same problem with my shuffle.....:D

6. john159 macrumors regular