I have taken the plunge!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by editerik, Feb 1, 2005.

1. editerik macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    Hello all,

All I can say is that I am excited. I ordered a new 15" PB loaded with 1 GB mem. I also ordered a Brian Moore Guitar. I will be playing into GB2 with a Roland GI-20 and a M-Audio Firewire 410. I covered my bases. I will play with this then consider a better sequencer such as Live 4 or Logix Express. Anyone know anything about Live 4 or Logic Express?

I feel like it is Xmas all over. Wait my birthday is next week. Happy birthday to me!

2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
  3. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    Happy birthday, congratulations, and welcome aboard!
    Good times! :D
  4. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    Depends on what you really want to do with it. (Though you might compare Live more closesly with Logic Pro.) IMHO Live is better for "live" mixing and creativity. You can easily set a defined verse and chorus and manually jump around to jam out the song. If you want to just do guitar recording and arrange some rhythm tracks I'd say Logic is a solid choice (you can easily start with Logic Express and upgrade later).

I'd highly recommend picking up Native Instruments Guitar Rig. Sure, it's an all software solution for effects and amp simulations (a lot of people still prefer hardware), but its sounds are really amazing and it is very easy to work with.

My favorite feature is being able to record the guitar part "dry" and then using guitar rig as an effect. Non-distructive effects editing. Very cool if you want to tweak the effect after recording. You can set it up before recording and hear the effect in real time, but its only really recording the dry sound. Simple concept I know, but very cool for a guitarist.
  5. editerik thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    Very cool!!!

Mr. Fed Ex man hurry up with my stuff. I know I am gushing about getting toys, but I do donate money to charity as well. Fun Fun Fun....
    Have a good one!!!